Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages 123>»
Star Wars Trivia Question of the Week Options
LrdSatyr8
#1 Posted : 20 September 2016 15:41:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hey all... how good your Star Wars knowledge? I will post a new question each week! Now... there is one simple rule. No Cheating! That means no using Google or any search engine to find that answer. Just answer from your own personal knowledge of the Star Wars movies (both in the movie and behind the scenes). We'll see just how good your Jedi skills are! You can go back and watch the movies themselves for the answers, but DON'T Google the answers... this is a test of your STAR WARS GEEKDOM! Before you Google for yourself, make a guess. Then Google it, but don't spoil it for everyone else! If you were a true fan of the movies you would know these answers! If you cheat, be prepared to be mocked and ridiculed! If you don't read the rules here, I'm sure someone will tell you to! The movies have been out for 40 years now. I know I remember seeing the original when I was 10 years old. I've seen them so many times I can almost quote them word for word!

So... here's your chance to test your Star Wars cred and who knows... you might actually learn a thing or two. So let's kick this off with something really easy. Not all of the questions I post will be this easy. Some will make your brain hurt! :) Post your answers below and I'll post a new question next week! :)

First person to answer correctly wins!

QUESTION #1:
What does T.I.E. stand for in the the name of the ship TIE Fighter? Bonus points if you can tell me why it's actually wrong!

ANSWER: (Click the SPOILER button below for the answer)

First Winner: Stevegbr

Stay tuned padawans... new question coming up next week! :)
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 20 September 2016 16:12:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I think it is Thermal Ion engines or something like that

Carl

stevegbr
#3 Posted : 20 September 2016 16:21:22

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

"twin ion engines"
LrdSatyr8
#4 Posted : 20 September 2016 16:51:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

WTG Steve... You got it! :)
davetwin
#5 Posted : 20 September 2016 22:11:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sad I actually knew this one but was a bit slow seeing the thread Sad
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 20 September 2016 22:16:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Follow up question ;)

What is the material ILM used to make the wings of the TIE fighters and what happened to the machine that made it.

LrdSatyr8
#7 Posted : 22 September 2016 14:48:54

darbyvet wrote:
Follow up question ;)

What is the material ILM used to make the wings of the TIE fighters and what happened to the machine that made it.

That's easy... the original stuff was called Koolshade... but it wasn't just used for the Tie Fighters. It was also used on the Falcon and many other ships. I have no idea what happened to the machine that made the stuff, but I do know it's not made anymore. They do make a similar product these days that uses 17 slats per inch instead of 23 like the original stuff. You might be able to find some old stock of the original Koolshade these days still but it'll end up costing you a pretty penny I'm sure!
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 22 September 2016 14:59:10

Yes it was called Koolshade.It was a metal blind that was used in office windows to keep them cool.The original machine was destroyed in a flood at the factory.The original Koolshade had 23 louvers per inch.They do still make a version with 17 louvers per inch.it is VERY expensive to buy-if you can find anyone willing to sell.SOme people are trying to 3d print it, but the very fine livers are hard to accurately replicate.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#9 Posted : 22 September 2016 17:59:37

darbyvet wrote:
Yes it was called Koolshade.It was a metal blind that was used in office windows to keep them cool.The original machine was destroyed in a flood at the factory.The original Koolshade had 23 louvers per inch.They do still make a version with 17 louvers per inch.it is VERY expensive to buy-if you can find anyone willing to sell.SOme people are trying to 3d print it, but the very fine livers are hard to accurately replicate.

Carl

Yeah... there was a big search for the stuff when the Falcon kit first came out. You might still be able to find some of the original in the UK (where it was made) but the last price I saw for it was like 215 pounds a square meter. I think you can find the 17 at like 70 pounds a square meter but could be wrong.
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 22 September 2016 18:07:51

I got the last piece of original Koolshade on the planet or so I was told.

I will sell it to you lrdSatry for $500/ square meter Flapper Flapper
LrdSatyr8
#11 Posted : 22 September 2016 20:24:39

darbyvet wrote:

LOL... I'm sure it's not the last... they keep finding it every once in awhile!
darbyvet
#12 Posted : 22 September 2016 20:38:12

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

LOL... I'm sure it's not the last... they keep finding it every once in awhile!

yes you are probably right.Tt was just a sales pitch!!!!

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#13 Posted : 26 September 2016 14:03:04

OK all you happy campers! Time for this week's Star Wars Trivia Question... remember... no cheating and no using your favorite search engine to look up answers on the net. If you're any kind of Star Wars fan at all these questions should come pretty easy to you! If you feel like you have to look up the answer, don't answer the question and go watch Star Wars again! We all ight be geeks but we're honest geeks! Ok so here we go...

QUESTION #2:

Who or what is Tantive IV?
(Bonus points if you can provide a little background on the subject)

Answer:

First Correct Answer: GoofyFoot

Way to go campers... stay tuned next week for new question!
GoofyFoot
#14 Posted : 26 September 2016 14:48:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Tantive IV is the corvette class ship used by Leia Organa for both official diplomatic missions on behalf of the Imperial Senate and for covert missions for the Rebllion. It is the ship that was captured by Vader in the opening scenes of Episode IV: A New Hope.

It was Captained by Capt. Antilles of Alderaan during that fateful attack.

Edit: Editing to remove the first name of Capt Antilles, since I obtained that from Google prior to noticing the "No Google rule"...Everything else was from my own memory.
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 26 September 2016 15:10:14

I believe it is also called a blockade runner

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#16 Posted : 26 September 2016 15:49:09

Way to go Goofy... you are correct. Althou, just remember, no cheating with Google!

The Tantive IV was that first ship that was seen in the original Star Wars A New Hope movie. It was the ship that was transporting Princess Leia. But here's the bonus trivia you may not know.

That ship was suppose to be Han Solo's Millenium Falcon. It was one of the very first models that was built by the prop department and shown to George Lucas. George took one look at it and said "Nope"... so they all ended up going to lunch together and brainstorming. When someone took a bite out of their burger Lucas looked at it and said "That's what I want!" and the Millenium Falcon was born.

Now I could be paraphrasing what was said and my exact facts may be off, but I believe this information came from an interview with Lucas during the Special Editions releases.
LrdSatyr8
#17 Posted : 03 October 2016 21:15:54

Well it's that time of the week again for a new Star Wars Question of the week. Remember the rules... no cheating by using Google or doing extensive Wookiepedia searches. Try to answer this question based solely on your own knowledge of the Star Wars universe! The more you get right, the more Star Wars Geek Cred you can say you've got. First one to get the answer correct wins this week... so if you are all ready... here we go:

Question #3:
How did Ben know the Jawa Sandcrawler was attcked by stormtroopers?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: Plymouth57
Plymouth57
#18 Posted : 03 October 2016 22:21:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hah! I remember! Because the Bantha tracks were side by side - Sandpeople always ride in single file to hide their numbers!!
(Oh and I nearly forgot - the blast damage was too precise for Sandpeople too!Blushing )

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
LrdSatyr8
#19 Posted : 04 October 2016 18:16:11

Way to go Plymouth! That's correct. According to Ben, the blaster marks were too precise to be Sandpeople... and then he pointed out that the Bantha tracks were side by side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers! Great job! :)

New question coming next week! :)
LrdSatyr8
#20 Posted : 12 October 2016 15:55:20

Sorry for the delay in this week's question... Hurricane Matthew put a bit of a hold on my internet access... but for you that have been waiting... Remember, no cheating... no using google or other forums for your answer... you have to go strictly by your own knowledge of the movies (this separates the true Star Wars fans from those that are posers)... here's this week's question...

Question #4:
How many times did Leia kiss Luke? (Bonus points for how many times she kissed Han)

Answer: