Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Jbk's Falcon Build Options
jbk
#1 Posted : 20 December 2015 00:45:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

First shipment arrived yesterday (and there was much rejoicingBigGrin). So time to start this off...

The box:

The parts:

jbk
#2 Posted : 20 December 2015 01:03:08

The quad laser. The bullet is enormous.

The frame so far + quad laser.

I have some files to get rid of the seams, but I think I need to get some sanding sticks or sandpaper to finish things.

Once the next shipment arrives, I'll get to work on the cockpit. I'm going to try my hand at painting it. I've seen several good videos on youtube for inspiration, so I'll see what happens Cool

Also need to make a trip to the hobby store (probably after Christmas) to get a few more supplies.
scraperjawa
#3 Posted : 20 December 2015 02:37:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the Falcon Build. It's a great model and there are never ending ideas of ways to costomize it. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

davetwin
#4 Posted : 20 December 2015 12:25:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the build Jbk. Hope you enjoy it, it's a superb model Cool

The possibilities for this are endless, good luck and if you're not sure of anything there are lots of people that can help here Cool
Warthog
#5 Posted : 20 December 2015 19:40:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Welcome to Modelspace JBK Cool look forward to seeing what you bring to this fantastic kit Love

Spencer
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 20 December 2015 19:51:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome tho the forum and nice startCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spudtrooper37
#7 Posted : 22 December 2015 22:30:42

Welcome to forum, you will enjoy this, its a fantastic model

Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 22 December 2015 23:23:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome JBK,
I am forum support for USa so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Carl

Gandale
#9 Posted : 23 December 2015 00:45:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum, am sure you're going to love this build....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing yours come together.

Regards

Alan
jbk
#10 Posted : 26 September 2016 04:09:50

After being delayed (like many people) due to the scarcity of month 10, I've been getting caught up:

Still need to work on painting the two bottom inserts.. that'll probably me my activity for this week...
davetwin
#11 Posted : 26 September 2016 17:40:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good, it's certainly a beat once you get that frame work finished and all the panels on.
BigGrin

I'm looking forward to seeing how your floor lighting turns out Cool
jbk
#12 Posted : 27 September 2016 02:14:29

The biggest pain was that either BP-21 or 22 seemed to be a bit too wide. In place it noticeably bowed out from the other pieces. After a lot of fiddling and loosening framework and other plates, I managed to reduce the bowing so it's not as bad (though you can see there is a probably 1/8 - 1/4" gap between the framework and the plate there still. It's all hidden under the two large pieces that mount on top of them, but since the two pieces wouldn't overlap properly, it was also causing the two large pieces to not sit level with each other, which then prevented the pieces that mount across them to not fit. After re-adjusting everything (I was trying to be care to not over tighten -- for most of the holes there was a very noticeable point where you felt resistance, and I'd stop there), I was very careful to only tighten down the side that was previously sitting lower until it was level with the other side. With the bits in front of it, you can't tell, and even with it being a bit 'loose' it doesn't move around or anything, so I'm hoping it's good :)

Now to just wait for the missing pin and cover plate :)

Seeing some stuff in upcoming issues, since we're getting the support jig with the framework, I'm thinking of just keeping the upper hull plates sandwiched (but not screwed in) between the jig and framework as it's built up to hopefully mitigate some of that.
bwize
#13 Posted : 30 September 2016 18:25:50

Welcome to the club, lol. You've got an excellent start there and i see that you are tackling the dreaded entry ramp. I too have dremmeled off the extras support frames and will be adding an better interior. I look forward to seeing how yours comes out.

As for BP21 and B22, man your not kidding, those were a huge headache. I had to sand the edges a bit before I got my to seat properly. so glad that is behind me now, lol.