Tomick
#1 Posted : 01 October 2016 11:39:15

Groups:

http://www.dailymail.co....-1million-memorial.html

Tomick attached the following image(s):
Y%204_s.jpg
stevie_o
#2 Posted : 01 October 2016 18:43:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

pemberg
#3 Posted : 01 October 2016 21:22:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Couldn't agree more, they played a big part in defending our country.
Graeme
Plymouth57
#4 Posted : 01 October 2016 21:33:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nobody deserves it more! A Polish pilot was awarded a medal for shooting down a German bomber over Plymouth during the blitz - he was also reprimanded for flying between the barrage balloons to do so!BigGrin

Many people now know of the vast contribution to the Allied war effort made by the Bletchley Park codebreakers but few know that it was actually the Polish Military Intelligence that first broke the Enigma machine.
Before the start of the war the Germans sent an Enigma to their Embassy in Poland - they sent it by post! It arrived in the Polish sorting office on a Friday and was intercepted by the Military Intelligence Unit who had two full days to dismantle it, take photographs of all the parts and internal wiring and then put it all back together and deliver it to the German Embassy on Monday morning. The Poles passed the information they learned to the British and French and after the German invasion in September 1939 about half of the Intelligence personnel managed to escape and get to Britain. The other half were captured and tortured for what they knew - not one of them gave anything away.
Without the head start given to us by those brave heroes WW2 would have been a lot longer and far more costly in lives.

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
michu
#5 Posted : 01 October 2016 22:02:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yep, and then as a thank you note, in Yalta Churchill gave my country right into Stalin's hands. I'd find a few words to describe this but this is a kids-friendly site, so I'll just leave it as is...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/