Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<456
Broven's Novice SotS Build Options
bayreef1
#101 Posted : 19 January 2016 00:09:05

Groups: Registered

I feel your not a novice. I'm impressed!

Roger
Hans
#102 Posted : 19 January 2016 12:18:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely work there Tim. Your hard work is paying off. Well done.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
jonny7england
#103 Posted : 19 January 2016 18:27:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work Tim...Coming along great!!
Wink ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Broven
#104 Posted : 20 January 2016 18:36:16

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Always appreciated. BigGrin BigGrin

I'm at a bit of a standstill on this project at the moment. Parts have been on back-order for a little while now. Looking forward to getting back to it soon though.
Tim Johnson

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves. - Jack Handy

Builds: Sovereign of the Seas, Amati Chinese Pirate Junk
Broven
#105 Posted : 19 May 2016 15:15:02

Well, it's been a long time since I updated my diary (mostly due to sheer laziness on my part). But work has continued on this. I thought I'd just throw a few shots of where she stands at the moment. I've noticed a few tiny errors in measurement and placement of details that have compounded slightly as more details are added. None of them seem too bad, and I'm chalking it up to "learning experience" and adding them to my list of things to watch out for next time. I've had several friends and family members who have stopped to check the progress in person and none have seemed to notice the "adjustments" I've needed to make. lol.

Thanks for looking. :)

Tim Johnson

delboy271155
#106 Posted : 19 May 2016 15:21:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

You may not have been busy with your diary, but you`ve sure as heck been busy with the build.

The time has been well spent as can be seen by the results.

Well done :)

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

ian smith
#107 Posted : 19 May 2016 20:22:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great looking build, keep the pictures coming.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gandale
#108 Posted : 19 May 2016 22:53:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A lovely piece of work, she's really is looking the part after all your hard work. Great to see an update on your work.....

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#109 Posted : 19 May 2016 23:03:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great looking build. Your doing a superb job . Nice to see an update.
Chris😀
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#110 Posted : 20 May 2016 06:38:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Tim very nicely done

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gibbo
#111 Posted : 20 May 2016 10:36:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Broven
Just caught up on your build, she has really come along since i last looked in and looking good, the beauty about family and friends looking at your build is if they are not building it as well they don't know if something is slightly amiss in the first place, happy days, looking forward to seeing it progress.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Broven
#112 Posted : 03 October 2016 01:41:06

Well I almost can't believe it, but I think she's done! I'm already feeling withdrawal... :D

Anyway, there are a few things I wish I had done differently, but now I know for next time. :) It was a great time, and I'm pretty happy with the final results. Just need to figure out what's next. :D

Thanks for looking. :)
Tim Johnson

Martyn Ingram
#113 Posted : 03 October 2016 05:24:50

BigGrin Stunning work my friend a very nice build Drool I love the stand Love

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
davetwin
#114 Posted : 03 October 2016 18:30:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That is a very impressive looking build Boven, a job extremely well done Cool

Perhaps the Victory or Santisima Trinidad next?
scraperjawa
#115 Posted : 03 October 2016 18:59:08

Well done on your SOTS. She looks awesome. I can't believe you did the whole thing in little more than a year. Can't wait to see what your next project will be.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Gandale
#116 Posted : 03 October 2016 22:55:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You've done a cracking job of her. Can see you have taken a great deal of care and attention to producing a fabulous build....Drool Drool Drool .. Very well done indeed.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#117 Posted : 03 October 2016 23:54:59

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That's a great result and in a relatively short time frame.

Cool Cool Cool

Would be good to see some more pics in the finished build section of the forum.

I will award your finished build medal soon.

WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gibbo
#118 Posted : 04 October 2016 15:33:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice Broven, very very nice.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
nightwisher
#119 Posted : 04 October 2016 23:29:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Can't believe how fast you got this finished,looks absolutely amazing. Love it.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!