Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bwize's 'She's got it where it counts" build Options
bwize
#1 Posted : 24 November 2015 17:53:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi, thought I may as well throw my hat in the ring with all these awesome builds being shared here.

I am currently up to issue 12 and I begin with the infamous TP1 & TP2 parts. I did what others have done and carefully sanded down the sides. I then used .20 sheet and using the parts, traced the new plates out and cut notches in them. I think I found the correctly scaled t-track used on the “32 model, but it would not match the other docking tunnels details so using 2 different scaled strip, re-created the t-track to best match the rest.

I then proceeded to the top side gun turret. I cut small panels to make up for the few missing ones according to the “32 model. They can be seen in white. I bought the shapeways turret windows replacement, but forgot to photograph them, sorry.

I am considering adding more small plates to sort of match the 5 footer and I have always thought the “32 was a little sparse in the area compared to the rest of the ship.
Spudtrooper37
#2 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:29:15

welcome aboard on this 2 year journey.

Great job on the plating modification, i just took the easy way out and ordered the french parts Blushing

Are your going to make it look like the 5 footer version?
Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
bwize
#3 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:42:24

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am seriously considering adding more details to match the 5 footer. I think it will translate fairly well at this size. The hull curvature does look to be a bit curvy more like the 5 footer, though not exactly.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 24 November 2015 19:03:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome too the forum Bwise, I too am only just starting this build, should be a fun buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

LrdSatyr8
#5 Posted : 24 November 2015 19:07:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Walcome to the Fraternal Order of Falconers my friend... Great job on the hull plating... very nicely done! You've just dipped your toe into the build... only 22 more months to go! :)
bwize
#6 Posted : 30 September 2016 17:45:55

Been awhile since an update, but here I go. I sanded off all the paneling from the front landing gear boxes as I wanted them to look more like the ones placed on the 5 footer. I also redid the paneling overlapping the access pits, again to look more like the 5 footer. I also added some bits and plating to the tops to be more detailed like the 5 footer.

The jaw box details have been re-done in the 5 footer as well. I removed the soft details and replaced them with parts scaled down from those used on the 5 footer.

I also, have sanded down the paneling on the docking arm opposite the entry ramp one and rebuilt the sealab parts and replaced the t-track. I also replaced T-track and sealab parts on the entry ramp docking arm.

I dremmeled the edges of the blast marks like lrdstyr did and am pretty happy with the outcome. You can also see that I cut out the spacing on the edges between the plating.

Here is my topside turret. I used the 5footer parts map to locate the scaled down kits and have been able to replicate many of the details. Not going for a straight copy of the 5 footer, just more detailed like it.

I have re-done the detail on the front edge of the bottom jaw box. I preferred the look of the 5 footer here as well. You can also see that I thinned down the leading front edge of the plating overhang as it was just too thick. I think it looks much better.

Now on to the entry ramp. I cut out the frame pieces the motor rests on to open the area up for a more accurate entry. I found a small brass hinge at hobby lobby that works out great as a replacement hinge. I cut out a custom piece of tiny corrugated sheet to place on the ramp for a more realistic appearance. It also hides the hinge for the most part. Seeing as the ramp cannot accurately meet the interior hallway level, I plan to build the inner side walls and a closed door. The light will still be used.

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 30 September 2016 19:19:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the Falcon club Bwize, looking great, love all the mods you've done.ThumpUp
dwayneg
#8 Posted : 01 October 2016 02:46:20

Great ideas. ThumpUp I like the ramp.
Tamiya 1/32 P-51D, Revell 1/32 Bf 109G-6 x2 1/32 P-51B, 1/32 Trumpeter Bf109K-4, 1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109E, Testors 1/32 F-117, RMF 1/35 Tiger 1
bwize
#9 Posted : 01 October 2016 18:03:40

Thanks for the kind words. This has been just about the funnest model building project of all time! The only other model project that trumps this is bandai's 1/12 droids kits. I am currently working on some animated clone wars versions of the D-Squad droids, love that story arc.
Arkkham
#10 Posted : 05 October 2016 07:29:44

Great work with all those small added bits. Always wonder where you guys have them from? Years of modelling and so many parts left? (ventilation grids, suspensions, ...)
Moonman
#11 Posted : 18 October 2016 13:38:54

Really like the revised plating. Its always interesting to see new ideas and different approaches for this build. Welcome aboard!
bwize
#12 Posted : 19 October 2016 16:21:17

Thank you Moonman, this has been such a blast to build. I feel so fortunate to be able to pay this monthly build. As for the plating, the 5 footer and her details have always been my favorite. I know this is supposed to be a replica of the 32" model, but it's been so fun to add details like the 5 footer.