Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Escape from Colditz - The story of the Colditz Glider Options
ModelMania
#1 Posted : 22 October 2016 11:23:41

Groups:

There is an hour long programme airing at 12:00am Sunday (midnight tonight) on the 'Yesterday' Channel (Sky 537) which tells the story of the Colditz Glider and the men that built it and which follows an attempt to reconstruct the glider as an exact replica in the castle roof using the same materials as was used on the original. There is then an attempt to launch it from the roof of the castle to see if it would have flown for real during the war if the escape had taken place?

Fascinating viewing, I have seen it several times in the past, but always worth another watch - highly recommended viewing!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Nemesis
#2 Posted : 22 October 2016 12:02:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice find Kev, not seen that but will record it!BigGrin
ModelMania
#3 Posted : 22 October 2016 14:36:13

Groups:

Nemesis wrote:
Nice find Kev, not seen that but will record it!BigGrin

You will enjoy it I'm sure Daran. One of my favourite stories to come out of WWII and I used to love watching the old 'Colditz' series that ran in the 1970 's starring David McCallum (The man from U.N.C.L.E.) and all - great stuff!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile