Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages «<23456>»
Gils HMS Victory - Cross Section Build Options
birdaj2
#61 Posted : 27 October 2016 20:05:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Gil

You are enjoying this one i can see.

Not just a model but a great piece of history in the making.

Hope it continues well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#62 Posted : 27 October 2016 22:16:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is really coming along very nicely Gil, you're doing a fab job.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#63 Posted : 28 October 2016 10:46:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups:

Very nice work Gil. It's coming along.
Chris Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

pemberg
#64 Posted : 28 October 2016 11:58:53

Progressing nicely, good job.
Graeme
Hans
#65 Posted : 28 October 2016 13:53:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work there Gill, well done. Love your attention to detail.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
GilShapley
#66 Posted : 29 October 2016 15:13:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just about to start planking the orlop and I have a question. In Issue 132 The build instructions state "Cut a length of 1 X 4 mm wood (Planking the orlop stage 1) . Is this correct as I can only find 1.5 X 4 supplied with issue 132. Is this a typo or if not with which issue was this planking supplied.

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#67 Posted : 29 October 2016 17:00:48

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

131 Contd - Adding the beams

As this build progresses there is no doubt that space to work will be an issue. My sausage fingers do not help. With that in mind I decided to assemble Parts 22,23,25,and 27 before gluing them to the ribs. It was easier to clamp the parts to ensure the glue would set without the parts moving. The assembled beams where then attached the ribs. The remaining beams where then added.

I replace the supplied ply 4X4mm with my own 4X4mm wood for the pump well posts as I prefer the look. Planking the bulwarks is straight forward with some sanding of the edges to give a nice fit. I used small clamps to hold the planks in place as I find the ply ribs can split with the use of map pins

Deck gratings

With both the brass grating and the wooden grating i used mitre joints for the corners of the frames rather then butt joint, more fiddly but I prefer the look and no end grain to stain.

The next step is to attatch the gratings and plank the orlop deck.
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
No21.jpg
No24.jpg
No23.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
davetwin
#68 Posted : 30 October 2016 16:19:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice and neat work Gil, this is going to look amazing when you're through with it Cool
delboy271155
#69 Posted : 30 October 2016 18:25:56

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I`m really liking this one.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Oh "NO" I feel temptation coming on.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Keep up the good work. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#70 Posted : 30 October 2016 18:33:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice work and looking brilliant Gil Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Shauncnh
#71 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:06:33

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Great workCool, can't wait to see the rest of your build.

regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Spal
#72 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:29:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Enjoying your work Gil Cool she's really coming along now.

Al
magpie1832
#73 Posted : 31 October 2016 00:27:42

Groups:

Great job Gil. I am doing this as well. I'm up to 135 at the moment. It's a very time consuming little build isn't it but a joy to make. Look forward to seeing the progress you are making.
Chris. Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#74 Posted : 31 October 2016 00:39:04

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Gil, coming along very nicely...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#75 Posted : 03 November 2016 13:40:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gil.
Looking very nice. keep up the good work.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
GilShapley
#76 Posted : 10 November 2016 13:18:48

Issue 132 Contd :-

Been on the back burner for a while whilst Grandparent duties took precedence

The gratings have been fitted and the orlop planking added, using the supplied 1.5 X 4 mm (not 1 X 4 mm as printed in the instructions). I followed the instructions here and have not stained the underside of the orlop, but will be staining the deck itself. Not sure whether to add the effect of nails in the deck planking and will have to decide soon as once the next deck is added there will be very tight access to the orlop.

Issue 133 involves fitting frame reinforcements, Cutting the lower gun deck ports and completing the orlop planking

More to follow
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
No25.jpg
No26.jpg
darbyvet
#77 Posted : 10 November 2016 15:15:41

Really neat and precise work as always Gil

Carl

Gandale
#78 Posted : 10 November 2016 15:50:14

Looking good Gil....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#79 Posted : 10 November 2016 17:09:18

Groups:

Awesome work Gil. Doing a great job looks nice and clean.
Chris. Cool
On the bench

Spal
#80 Posted : 10 November 2016 20:49:58

Coming along very nicely Gil Cool

Al