Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Build problem I need help with Options
RobT
#1 Posted : 30 October 2016 20:34:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have come across a problem. I fitted my first gun port fret today. I faired the frames and fitted it. However, even though it is tightly nailed in, it seems to jut out slightly above the projections as shown in the photo. However, this means that when the planking goes over it, it will be too thick and not marry up with the planks below it later on. Do I have to remove the fret and alter all the frames so the fret sits bang level with the projections?

Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 30 October 2016 20:54:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Rob the gunport frame is slightly higher as the first planking is 2mm thick and will match up to it so you can sand it down ready for the second planks
Hope this helps rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
RobT
#3 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:00:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

So alls good. Lovely, cheers Martyn.
Martyn Ingram
#4 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:08:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin No problem mate Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe