Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3d Dalek print Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 22 September 2016 15:05:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

My most ambitious print to date is a dalek.I scaled this to print as big as possible.It took 3 1/2 hours to print.The head stalk ,machine gun and toilet plunger (well thats what it looks like) attachments were printed separately.

I am really impressed with this printer.it will need a bit of clean up but overall a really nice job.I have always wanted to build a Dalek and a scratchbuild would be a nightmare with all of the angles on the base.

I am thinking of splitting the 3d file so I can make it bigger.

Carl
darbyvet attached the following image(s):
dalek1.jpg
dalek2.jpg
dalek3.jpg
tigerace
#2 Posted : 22 September 2016 17:20:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That Dalek and Tardis look amazing BigGrin i want one of each please CarlLOL LOL LOL regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

darbyvet
#3 Posted : 22 September 2016 17:55:47

tigerace wrote:
That Dalek and Tardis look amazing BigGrin i want one of each please CarlLOL LOL LOL regards Phil

I`ll add your name to the list !!!! BigGrin BigGrin

Carl
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 22 September 2016 19:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That looks FAB. Cool Cool

Can`t wait to see a bigger version.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

AgentReverie
#5 Posted : 06 October 2016 22:47:01

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great! I can't wait to try something.
Just curious: it appears you have applied the blue painters tape directly to the acrylic table, and not used the buildtak sheet at all?
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 06 October 2016 23:55:33

AgentReverie wrote:
Looks great! I can't wait to try something.
Just curious: it appears you have applied the blue painters tape directly to the acrylic table, and not used the buildtak sheet at all?

I have found much better adhesion of the filament to the blue tape (It is commonly discussed in the 3d printer forums) and it is easier to get the print off the table than when you use the buildtak because you can peel up the tape easily

Carl

AgentReverie
#7 Posted : 07 October 2016 23:36:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Does the blue tape hold up well? I mean you haven't had to put new tape on yet correct?
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 08 October 2016 00:55:48

AgentReverie wrote:
Does the blue tape hold up well? I mean you haven't had to put new tape on yet correct?

No you have to replace it every time.part of my issues were the PLA.I bought a new PLA spool and this sticks to the buildtack much better.

isherrit
#9 Posted : 16 November 2016 16:44:36

I've used the BuildTak sheet since completing my printer (replaced it once so far). I would agree that different brands of filament seem to adhere better than others.