Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Are there replacement decals for painted display body? Options
Solaias
#1 Posted : 22 November 2016 10:27:25

Groups: Registered

I'm considering the RB7 build and have been watching the build on youtube. Seeing how much better the display body looks painted, this is the route I am considering. The only thing that concerns me is if it is possible to get replacement decals for the early pre-applied ones.

I have looked in the tools and accessories section of the Model Space site, but couldn't see any in there.

Does anybody know if there are replacements available for the pre-applied decals? Either from Model Space or from a third party vendor?
Tomick
#2 Posted : 22 November 2016 11:29:29

Groups:

There are no replacement's as such for the pre-printed decals.
You might want to consider getting hold of a backorder racing body decal set, which has decals for the racing front & rear wings as these are not pre-printed items, though these decals are vinyl rather than waterslide and therefore have a high gloss finish and a slight lip on the decal edge.
Solaias
#3 Posted : 22 November 2016 11:34:38

They would certainly be better than nothing at all. I was considering using those decals, but wasn't sure if they would fit the display version as that and the race body parts are different.

I plan on having the RB7 as display only, so I could use the race body decals that come with the subscription. :)

Thanks for your suggestion.
Tomick
#4 Posted : 22 November 2016 11:41:44

Groups:

The racing wing differs slightly as its a more robust item, but you should be able to get away with it.

Another idea might be to photocopy/print the vinyl decals onto waterslide decal paper.
Solaias
#5 Posted : 22 November 2016 11:45:15

Tomick wrote:
Another idea might be to photocopy/print the vinyl decals onto waterslide decal paper.

Now that has possibilities. I can't think why I didn't think of that myself. Laugh