Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hull detail parts Options
jules0266
#1 Posted : 03 December 2016 19:18:14

Groups: Registered

Hi there, new to the forum so apologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick check but couldn't see a similar topic.

I live in the UK and I've reached issue 93 of the Falcon build. But I seem to have quite a few sprues (or plastic frames) with 'plant on' details for the outer hull. With some issues, it said to apply some of the detail and to keep the rest for later on.

There's only seven issues left to come so I'm just wondering if these last magazines will tell us where to put these hull details (once the two halves of the hull have been connected) or if I've missed something?

Also, I'm intending to purchase the mains adaptor when it becomes available so is it safe to remove the battery box altogether or is still needed along with the adaptor (which I doubt because that would defeat the object, no?!)

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 03 December 2016 19:29:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Jules and welcome to the forum, as for the spare bits a lot can be added in the last few issue's so dont worry too much about those parts as they will be used. As for the battery box I would wait until you have all the issue's then decideCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jules0266
#3 Posted : 03 December 2016 20:36:27

Phew! That's good to hear, thank you for the prompt reply.

Just one other question. The airbrush kit you can buy from the store, is it suitable for the Tamiya acrylic paints?
Nemesis
#4 Posted : 03 December 2016 20:59:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jules and welcome to the form. The airbrush kit in the shop is suitable for Tamiya acrylics. They will need thinning for the airbrush. I use Tamiya in my airbrush all the time.BigGrin
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 03 December 2016 21:00:45

BigGrin The airbrush is suitable for all model paintsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jules0266
#6 Posted : 04 December 2016 11:51:19

That's great. Thank you for the replies and the warm welcome BigGrin ThumpUp
davetwin
#7 Posted : 04 December 2016 19:07:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Jules

Don't worry about all the left over plant on details as you'll find these are added in the final issues. Issue 100 especially covers applying a large amount of the left over plant on details BigGrin Cool

If are going to use the power adapter then you can permanently remove the battery box, just bear in mind it's still needed for testing the electrics throughout the build e.g..Issue 94 will have you testing the switch when you start applying the side panels
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 04 December 2016 23:36:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Jules, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum. Cool

Good to see your progressing with your build and hope it carries on without issue until completion.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"