Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

photos on the Official Shelby Build Diary Options
rpmracing18
#1 Posted : 12 December 2016 19:15:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hey all,
For some reason on the official Shelby build diary, I'm having trouble viewing some of the photos throughout 1-50. Some photos come through, some photos don't on the same post. I can leave and come back the next day and those photos I couldn't view, now I can, but the photos I was seeing yesterday, I can't see today. LOL, I don't have a clue what is going on.

Any help appreciated,
RichBigGrin
usersteve83
#2 Posted : 12 December 2016 19:20:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have the same problem sometimes. try clearing history/cookies or using a different browser. Firefox is good
Built- Shelby Mustang, Lamborghini Huracan
Building-Spitfire, Redbull racing RB7, 3d printer, Honda CB750, Stage coach and Revell 1/400 Titanic
Tomick
#3 Posted : 12 December 2016 20:23:20

Groups:

Page refresh usually does the trick
70 Coupe
#4 Posted : 13 December 2016 17:44:20

I agree with Tomick, but it may take a couple of goes to display all pictures.
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 13 December 2016 18:58:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's not just on the official build.
I get it virtually every time, on any page on the forum.
Sometimes as many as half a dozen refreshes and it still doesn't work properly.

I've found that going to a totally different part of the forum and then going back often sorts it.

I have Google Chrome and Internet Explorer - it's the same on both.

Mind you, I'm used to it now so I don't worry about it too much.
It's just a quirk of the forum. No big deal really.
michu
#6 Posted : 13 December 2016 20:38:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's been like that for almost two years now. Much worse on the mobile than on desktop. Refreshing page is the only option until the forum software is fixed...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
greyhawk
#7 Posted : 13 December 2016 21:44:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've had this problem with attached forum images since I first was here. I see maybe 1 in 10 if I'm lucky, which is a shame really, because I really would like to be able to see and comment on more threads.
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 13 December 2016 22:33:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A shame the software team can't sort this.
It's been commented on umpteen times in the past but it still happens.

OK - Many of us are used to it, but it can put off those newer members who aren't aware it's been raised before.
Nemesis
#9 Posted : 13 December 2016 23:22:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mustang
#10 Posted : 13 December 2016 23:23:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I thought a lot of the pics missing was me because I only use an iPad.

But I'm glad others get the same issue.

I must admit that I don't read a lot of the diarys on here because 9 times out of 10 the attached photos are missing, and I prefer to look at the photos then read what's been put as being dislescic doesn't really help, but even after refreshing the pages so many times there still missing.

Someone needs to sort out the issues.

Sorry if in any of my post there are spelling errors (now you now why) LOL

I only upload via photobucket so does that make a difference then just attaching.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -

Current Build - 0-6-0 https://forum.deagostini...=351803&#post351803 Enterprise D - https://forum.deagostini...=posts&t=35768&

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-
. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Tomick
#11 Posted : 13 December 2016 23:32:50

Groups:

roymattblack wrote:
The software team really need to sort this.
It's been commented on umpteen times in the past but nothing changes.

OK - Many of us are used to it, but really, that isn't acceptable.

Been long since discussed in the forum errors topic if you care to look, and page refressh generally does the trick, the fact is that this won't be fixed and can't be fixed and for now will have to live with it until the new forum comes along in 2017.

You seem to forget that it's a free forum that DeAgostiini are not obliged to provide and can't think of any model forum that provides so many free to enter comps with such high value prizes, sadly some folk are never happy but more than happy to take from it despite the amount of work and money that goes into making it happen Mad
Nemesis
#12 Posted : 13 December 2016 23:46:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It is a problem that only a few seem to moan about, and yet many others manage happily. It has been like this for a while now and there have been numerous posts explaining what is being done, if some members actually read other posts or searched for the answer, there would be no need to jump on the band wagon and quote themselves all over again. This is a FREE forum, and offers a level of service and prizes way beyond others, and I for one am happy to wait for a small issue to be fixed.
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 14 December 2016 00:05:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I use Google chrome and it doesnt often happen for me, but if it does usually a page refresh clears it.

Carl

rpmracing18
#14 Posted : 14 December 2016 01:25:48

Wow, by no means did I mean to stir up a can of worms. I can deal with it, I'm new and I thought it might be something I'm using (or not using) on my computer. I think this is a great forum and have learned a ton of stuff already by reading, looking at videos via you tube and looking at photos.
Thanks, very much appreciated,
Rich
Nemesis
#15 Posted : 14 December 2016 08:47:28

rpmracing18 wrote:
Wow, by no means did I mean to stir up a can of worms. I can deal with it, I'm new and I thought it might be something I'm using (or not using) on my computer. I think this is a great forum and have learned a ton of stuff already by reading, looking at videos via you tube and looking at photos.
Thanks, very much appreciated,
Rich

Hello Rich. The post was not directed at you in any way, for those new to the forum it can be frustrating and cause concern there is a problem or you are maybe doing something wrong. It was directed at those who have been long aware of the issue with the images, but still take a swipe at Model Space at the slightest chance. There are many posts on this issue and it cannot be sorted out, there will be a new forum coming in 2017. Unfortunately it affects all images hosted by the forum, photoshare sites, such as Photobucket, these images seem to be fine. I hope this helps and please enjoy Modelspace forum and the great members we have.
Nem BigGrin
roymattblack
#16 Posted : 14 December 2016 10:37:25

I don't think anyone intends to take a swipe at the forum.
OK, my own post a few above - now edited - did seem a bit harsh so it's amended.

Equally, the others here who are commenting, I'm sure are only voicing a concern that it can put people off.

In one of my earlier posts I said I'm used to it, and I see it now as a 'quirk'.

Refreshing the page rarely works for me but as I suggested, going to a completely different thread and then going back seems to load all the pics.
Maybe a few who are having difficulties could give it a try.
Works for me.