Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rogue Trooper Options
godan61
#1 Posted : 23 December 2016 22:35:21

Competition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So I have been absent for a while due to work and hence haven't had a chance to finish my eleven warship, but I did throw care to the wind and do a side project. I must apologies but I didn't keep a proper diary as I got caught up in the build between work.
So what is the build, I had an old AMT figure and wanted to see what happened if I could use milliput, fabrics,MDF, plasticard and plastruct. Oh and throw some lights in.

So the concept was if they built a next gen Genetic Infantryman and they had a scout sniper what would he look like, blue sin cam clothing a ghille sui, of course a bagman, gunner and a sniper rifle. The bagman was made from scratch using plasticard and fibre optics
The guns were both plastruct the carbine was made as a support silenced weapon with a silencer the rifle arg caliber with como wrap.

The camo wrap was made from bandage, sprayed with varnish and the grey spray and black, this was used to wrap the rifle and gave a worn natural effect. The same material was used for the ghillie suit by cutting small rectangles and individually sticking them on this gave a nice camo worn effect.
So the head was shaved back and I used milliput to smooth it off and the mohawk of course is eyes were opaque this I created by carving them outland using superglue to create the lens.
I didn't want to stop there so in behind they are light using a set of led christmas lights which would be used for other effects as well.

The trousers, boots, belt and ammo packs were all created by using milliput and the bagman straps and gun straps black milliput which were textured and dry brushed. To add an nice touch I created a couple of smoke an phosphorus grenades which are on the straps held there using tape strands. There also two milliput frag grenades on the general belt.

The camo trousers were created by spray can, spray grey, spay black spray grey which gave the exact effect I was after.

The base is made from MDF which I created and hollowed out with the top carved contoured with MDF walls and columns. The chemical drum is a pipe fitting with a plasticard top and an explosion carved out of the side. Transparent plasticard with pea and paint formed the chemicals the same technique was used for the spill with the added cotton wool varnished to the syrface and down up to create vapour.

The surface and walls and the floor were created using tube based polyfiller textured, to give the illusion of concrete the pillars were carved the rocks were stones off the drive.This again was painted using the same technique as the trousers but with some dark wash and dry brushing.
I wanted to give him a purpose so a Sort robot hit by high caliber but part functional so you can see the red eye and brain function.

Learning these new skills has spurred me to experiment and build a complete scratch built project for next years build diary that I will finish.

godan61 attached the following image(s):
IMG_2286.jpg
IMG_2287.jpg
IMG_2288.jpg
IMG_2289.jpg
IMG_2290.jpg
IMG_2291.jpg
IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2352.jpg
godan61
#2 Posted : 23 December 2016 22:38:29

Competition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So the actual figure here are some shots of it I will try and take some better ones.
godan61 attached the following image(s):
IMG_2353.jpg
IMG_2357.jpg
IMG_2359.jpg
IMG_2354.jpg
IMG_2360.jpg
IMG_2349.jpg
IMG_2355.jpg
davetwin
#3 Posted : 23 December 2016 23:29:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's an interesting build and very well executed!! Love

I think this would have been a more than worthy entrant in the 2016 build of the year Cool

Great job Love look forward to seeing your concept for the 2017 build of the year
Gandale
#4 Posted : 24 December 2016 00:42:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

That is a really excellent build and very well done, credit to you.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Nemesis
#5 Posted : 24 December 2016 00:59:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks amazing!Drool Superb work, detail is stunning!BigGrin
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 24 December 2016 01:14:29

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks amazing, the setting and effects look superb. Drool Love
ian smith
#7 Posted : 28 December 2016 13:59:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great looking build. well done. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.