Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Robi Wakes Up Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 25 December 2016 11:31:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin
Robi wakes up:
https://www.youtube.com/...MDT5pt8aAQ&index=54

Robi in action:
https://www.youtube.com/...MDT5pt8aAQ&index=55

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#2 Posted : 25 December 2016 15:44:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very cute, my granddaughters would Love him.

Al
Tomick
#3 Posted : 26 December 2016 10:03:12

Groups:

That's cool, can't wait to see his capabilities Drool
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 26 December 2016 10:42:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin He certainly is a little characterCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#5 Posted : 26 December 2016 11:06:04

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks brilliant, Laugh great if R2-D2 will do something similar when complete.
Gandale
#6 Posted : 26 December 2016 20:24:42

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Just appears so fitting to see the little man wake up, come to life and stretch out.... Cool Cool .. He looks fab....

Regards

Alan
Steph8642
#7 Posted : 11 January 2017 16:45:57

Hi im at this stage now. When he asks me the first question and i answet yes he does not reply. Its like he cant hear me. He just sits there. I cant find any troubleshotting steps and iv called deagostini and they said they cant help me and referred me to this forum. Had anyone got any ideas?
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 11 January 2017 17:21:53

BigGrin Hi Steph

First we need to know if Robi's microphone is picking up sound to do this switch Robi on and then tap the table with a pen to his right or left about 3 feet away from him if robi's head turns to the direction of the sound then the microphone is working.

Could you get back to me with the results of this test and if he still has no reaction it sounds like the microphone on top of Robi's head may be faulty and need replacing.

If we do get movement then we can go forward with some other things to get him going for you.

AndyCool

clarkey
#9 Posted : 11 January 2017 23:47:22

I am having the exact same issue as Steph, can we see the next video Andy to see what happens after answering the first question?

Thanks
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 11 January 2017 23:56:03

Hi Clarkey

Speak slowly and clearly to the top front of Robi's head when you ask and reply to questions. Give Robi at least 30 seconds to react to what you say if there is no reaction try again.

He is a robot and is also learning off you as you talk to him and sometimes accents can confuse him so speak clearly and slowly and he will start to respond.

I am preparing another video as we speak showing more of what Robi can do.

Andy

clarkey
#11 Posted : 12 January 2017 00:13:42

I have tried for half an hour to no avail i have left it at least 60 seconds between answering attempts, i tried the microphone test and no joy there either.

Is there any reliable way to test the microphone using the test SD card?

Thanks for help
clarkey
#12 Posted : 12 January 2017 12:51:36

arpurchase wrote:
Hi Clarkey

Speak slowly and clearly to the top front of Robi's head when you ask and reply to questions. Give Robi at least 30 seconds to react to what you say if there is no reaction try again.

He is a robot and is also learning off you as you talk to him and sometimes accents can confuse him so speak clearly and slowly and he will start to respond.

I am preparing another video as we speak showing more of what Robi can do.

Andy

Hi Andy

Could you post the video of you answering the start up questions if people can hear the pronunciation used and time taken for Robi to respond it will allow us to understand where we may be going wrong.

Thanks
arpurchase
#13 Posted : 12 January 2017 18:20:25

BigGrin Hi All

New video of Robi doing and saying things, note Robi will do much more than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZY8CdyKeM

I have also found the more you use him /talk to him the better he gets responce wise

Andy

clarkey
#14 Posted : 13 January 2017 12:21:09

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi All

New video of Robi doing and saying things, note Robi will do much more than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZY8CdyKeM

I have also found the more you use him /talk to him the better he gets responce wise

Andy

Thanks Andy.
Tomick
#15 Posted : 13 January 2017 13:02:25

Groups:

It could be that your Yes/No is too short for yor Robi to catch, therefore try Yes Robi/No Robi
Benick
#16 Posted : 21 January 2017 13:35:41

Cursing
Hi Tried all suggestions.
Turn off then on.
saying No Robieee.
tapping on table head doesn't move.
Now when it is ready for a recharge it Shouts Japanese for 'I am tired'
Other peoples problems, I understand have been solved by a new Mic
Thanks
Benick

still sits there doing nothing
Tomick
#17 Posted : 21 January 2017 13:50:43

Groups:

Benick wrote:
Cursing
Hi Tried all suggestions.
Turn off then on.
saying No Robieee.
tapping on table head doesn't move.
Now when it is ready for a recharge it Shouts Japanese for 'I am tired'
Other peoples problems, I understand have been solved by a new Mic
Thanks
Benick

still sits there doing nothing
In the main, other Robi problems appear to have been solved by correct articulation of words. It could well be that your Robi has a faulty mic board., contact c/s to request a free of charge issue 69 replacement which should hopefully cure the problem.

Perhaps you could post here a YouTube clip of your Robi saying "I am tired" in Japanese?