Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages 123>»
Andreas modified T-72 Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 31 January 2017 18:04:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi everyoneBigGrin

Now we are also happy too have the T-72 in Germany. So i started my own Project, and once again by using Watertransferpressure. I want to change the Comouflage.I do not want anything off the shelf, so I start my modified T-72 tank. I did it once with the Hummer H1,and it was nice to do something else instead of working with Paint. Till now i didn´t put all Parts together because the Parts have to be dismantled anyway. The only thing I have changed at the moment are the brass bushings of the idle Wheel against needle bearings. Then i assembled the track links an pins so far. Last but least i modified the Searchlight.
Now i am just waiting for the transfer foil. It is ordered so the parts should be dipped soon. The camouflage is a modern pattern, but even today, the T-72 are still modernized in some countries, I think everyone should calmly leave his imagination free run,by building and modifying his T-72.BigGrin

I have now started to prepare the first components for transfer printing, by putting on the base color on the Parts. It is important that the base color fits with the transfer film. By this film I took the basic color must be white. Depending on the color, the basic color of the components is always indicated. I will work on the attachments only with 3 colors, white black and brown. The transfer foil which I need in the size costs 5 euros. But slightly cheaper than spray colors. I already have a lot of experience with water transfer printing, and i think it will work out BigGrin. The first pic just shows which pattern it is goiing to be on the T-72.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Spal
#2 Posted : 31 January 2017 19:20:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great start Andreas, like the colour scheme your planning Cool

Al
Nemesis
#3 Posted : 31 January 2017 19:54:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice start to your build, looking forward to seeing how the camo turns out. I am doing digital on mine, but spraying it.BigGrin
davetwin
#4 Posted : 01 February 2017 01:31:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Andreas Cool

It's really good to see another customised T-72'being done
Andreas
#5 Posted : 01 February 2017 04:38:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

davetwin wrote:
Great start Andreas Cool

It's really good to see another customised T-72'being done

Thank you Dave, Nem

But of course I also follow your modifications. I like to learn.BigGrin
I do not always like things off the shelf, so I try to change them.BigGrin
Forum Support Team
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 05 February 2017 17:35:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What size roller bearings did you use for the drive sprockets?BigGrin
stevie_o
#7 Posted : 05 February 2017 17:54:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2
#8 Posted : 05 February 2017 19:02:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looking forward to seeing your paint finish. It looks a complicated one but a good one.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#9 Posted : 05 February 2017 20:04:52

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good, very nice work...Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Andreas
#10 Posted : 09 February 2017 11:04:36

I can´t start with my watertransferprinting to change the camourflage, untill i receive the second delivery. There are still several parts i need as for example the Hull . So i decided to work on the other Parts as the Commanders hatch, the Containers,stowage Bins and the External Fuel Drum. I first changed the original Colours into brown,and then started painting them again. My new camourflage is going to be Brown ,Black and white. I think it would work out nicely with the brown and black parts. The next step i also allready done ist to put in a Working Searchlight. By the figur it was necessary for the painting to take of his arms,and so i decided to change the angles of the arms. That´s it, the first steps are done, so wait until delivery 2 arrives ,and do some another modifications.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
davetwin
#11 Posted : 09 February 2017 15:34:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start on the repainting of the parts Andreas, really love what you did with the search light Love Cool
Nemesis
#12 Posted : 09 February 2017 15:49:57

Great update, the searchlight is one of the mods I will be adding. Nice work.BigGrin
Andreas
#13 Posted : 09 February 2017 17:43:20

Thanks Nemesis,Davetwin
Thanks I appreciate it very much. Yes the searchlight must be. But I am happy to work with watertransfer printing again. Modifications also will still follow, I'm not quite finished yetBigGrin

Regards
Andreas
Forum Support Team
Andreas
#14 Posted : 16 February 2017 17:58:07

Now just after receiving the Watertransfer foil, I started with changing the camouflage off the first parts I already received off the Tank.
Firstly it is important that the temperature of the water is at 30 degrees. The next step is that the foil you cut off is big enough to cover the Parts. When you work with this stuff, it is very important to wear rubber gloves. When you don’t wear them, your hands are going to look very smart when your hands are covered with the camouflageBigGrin . The problem with the foil is it goes into every pore, and to remove it again is very hard. It isn’t dangerous, but it looks funny. The only thing that has to be considered in the process is when you spray the activator onto the film you should wear a Breathing mask. So I started. The first part I dipped was the cannon tube. I think it came out pretty well. The next part was the turret. This part has got a lot off corners and niches. Therefore, it is important to dip such parts in a 45 degree angle. Now the first part off the Job is done, and I am now waiting for the next parts to come.

Forum Support Team
Tomick
#15 Posted : 16 February 2017 18:22:53

Groups:

Now that looks supercool, well done Andreas ThumpUp
Nemesis
#16 Posted : 16 February 2017 19:05:38

That looks really good, we use hydro dipping on motor bike parts, wheels and body panels. Excellent update. BigGrin
Andreas
#17 Posted : 03 March 2017 21:51:45

Hi Guys
here we go againBigGrin
After receiving the second delivery the came startet again,and i could handle the upper hull with water transfer Printing. This time everything went smooth. If you handle big parts it sometimes ends with little Problems. But this time everything went fine. The work is done ,but not finally. Now all the details must be worked out on the surface. The hinges, covers, hatches, etc.I think i´ll take black or perhaps Brown to paint all the Details. And again, another step is doneBigGrin

Forum Support Team
Gandale
#18 Posted : 03 March 2017 23:43:10

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that's looking great, fab work....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
eebygum
#19 Posted : 04 March 2017 00:10:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks superb good job Well done BigGrin

Rgds

Terry

FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
Spal
#20 Posted : 04 March 2017 00:14:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Awesome transformation of those parts Andreas ThumpUp great update.

Al