Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

21 Pages «<18192021>
any subscribers? Options
Jors
#381 Posted : 13 June 2016 14:29:17

Groups: Registered

Hi

Ok so this is my first build ever, running body is painted and all stickers are on looks better than expected. Tried to start it so obviously I have a few questions, how long does the glow plug take to heat up? My steering is all of a sudden stuck, may I have over tightend something?

will post pics soon
bpboshoff
#382 Posted : 14 June 2016 12:15:38

got my first issues today, well 2 x issue 2 and toolbox, I'll keep the additional issue 2 as a spare and request issue 1 again, waiting patiently until I have issues 1 to 10 before I start, going to have a blast building this.
MsTr_B
#383 Posted : 15 June 2016 10:40:41

Jors wrote:
Hi

Ok so this is my first build ever, running body is painted and all stickers are on looks better than expected. Tried to start it so obviously I have a few questions, how long does the glow plug take to heat up? My steering is all of a sudden stuck, may I have over tightend something?

will post pics soon

Few pulls should do. Make sure the fuel is going through. Just prime it before you start. With regards to the steering, I have noticed mine did that as well when i installed the shock lifting things. Once I turned to the left side it got stuck.

Hope it helps?
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
RSA
Building RB7
AndreZS1AZ
#384 Posted : 15 June 2016 20:18:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Got issues 87-90 on Monday. They are all display body parts and I will get rid of them. OK Jors, the glow plug will heat up immediately if your glow starter/driver/battery is fully charged. My steering servo seized with a possible short and that damaged the receiver. I have received replacements. The nose of my car is in pieces until I replace the servo, but I did notice interference with the steering arms. I am not happy with this car at all. Way too much play on some of the parts and you assemble then have to dis-assemble to fit other parts. I will post photo's of the interference as soon as possible.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop

Building: Bismark, 2.5m wingspan glider
Jors
#385 Posted : 17 June 2016 10:21:51

Hi

Was scratching today and found my spare servo both only turn very few degrees without being attached to the steering arms will never be enough to steer the car, think I must go look for other servos
Jors
#386 Posted : 18 June 2016 18:10:51

Happiness as I found the problem with tge steering servo the steering balance button was set on zero, so started it to run it in but battle to get the rpm down think I damaged my differential will open up later to inspect
MsTr_B
#387 Posted : 13 July 2016 07:57:01

Guys where can I get the gaskets which goes on top of the cylinder liner?
RSA
Building RB7
AndreZS1AZ
#388 Posted : 19 August 2016 18:20:37

Hi guys, been busy with other stuff. I got issues 96, 97, 98 & 98, no 95 yesterday. I phoned Jacklin this morning and they will send 95 free of charge. I am keeping the extra issue 98 because the struts will break. I am going away this weekend, but when I return I will sort out the new radio and re-assemble all the parts that I had to take off. I will be running the motor in as the car is, and then take it totally apart to fix all the sloppy parts and fit the 2 speed gearbox.
MsTR_B, where are you in SA? Why do you need the gaskets? Maybe I can help out here.

MsTr_B
#389 Posted : 25 August 2016 13:42:27

AndreZS1AZ wrote:
Hi guys, been busy with other stuff. I got issues 96, 97, 98 & 98, no 95 yesterday. I phoned Jacklin this morning and they will send 95 free of charge. I am keeping the extra issue 98 because the struts will break. I am going away this weekend, but when I return I will sort out the new radio and re-assemble all the parts that I had to take off. I will be running the motor in as the car is, and then take it totally apart to fix all the sloppy parts and fit the 2 speed gearbox.
MsTR_B, where are you in SA? Why do you need the gaskets? Maybe I can help out here.

I am in Secunda, Mpumalanga. I fastened the heatsink and gaskets was not aligned properly, they bent and broke.
RSA
Building RB7
AndreZS1AZ
#390 Posted : 26 August 2016 20:06:12

Ok Ms Tr_B, I will send you some shim stock via the postal service. I am not going to cut it out for you, you can do that yourself. Measure the broken shims and send me the thickness. I am not pulling my motor apart to measure the shims. Have a look at the build site where I showed how to do the fitting of the shims. I might take pity on you and do some measuring

f1fanatic
#391 Posted : 11 September 2016 11:39:02

So I have not posted in a while. Jacklin is pretty much messing me around - received up to issue 78 today, but now they left out 73 and 74. So have to wait for that now. Car is coming along nicely.
MsTr_B
#392 Posted : 10 January 2017 06:56:11

AndreZS1AZ wrote:
Ok Ms Tr_B, I will send you some shim stock via the postal service. I am not going to cut it out for you, you can do that yourself. Measure the broken shims and send me the thickness. I am not pulling my motor apart to measure the shims. Have a look at the build site where I showed how to do the fitting of the shims. I might take pity on you and do some measuring

Andre Thanks will have a look when I get a chance, being really hectic at work... Currently have 4 shutdowns to run so yeah.
RSA
Building RB7
AndreZS1AZ
#393 Posted : 29 January 2017 17:25:09

I received my last part, a wheel, last week and will try and finish the car. The only problem will be the paint which I am going to have to get from Cape Town. So, some more expense, but I suppose that it must be done because the car cost us a lot of money so it must be finished properly.

F1sasha
#394 Posted : 05 February 2017 18:57:35

Hi All

Perhaps some advice if you don't mind. This is my first model build ever and I have managed to even make this RB7 look quite similar to the pictures. I still have to do the racing body and the decals but I have managed to finish it.... I think

2 Things

In what booklet do you actually fire up the engine ? What fuel does one use and do I need a glowplug igniter?

My rear driveshaft confused me, i couldn't find where to connect it which i suppose means that I'm going to have to just about take everything apart to try and fit it ...grrrr

i've enjoyed this but it has tried my patience.

thanks

sasha

MsTr_B wrote:
Jors wrote:
Hi

will post pics soon

Few pulls should do. Make sure the fuel is going through. Just prime it before you start. With regards to the steering, I have noticed mine did that as well when i installed the shock lifting things. Once I turned to the left side it got stuck.

Hope it helps?

Gandale
#395 Posted : 05 February 2017 20:07:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Sasha, hope you enjoy your time with us....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
F1sasha
#396 Posted : 05 February 2017 20:22:36

Thanks very much Alan
I hope to get better and better at this
MsTr_B
#397 Posted : 06 February 2017 11:26:28

AndreZS1AZ wrote:
I received my last part, a wheel, last week and will try and finish the car. The only problem will be the paint which I am going to have to get from Cape Town. So, some more expense, but I suppose that it must be done because the car cost us a lot of money so it must be finished properly.

I used plastidip for my display body. Its a matt black colour. I like it. The running body must still be cut out etc.
RSA
Building RB7
MsTr_B
#398 Posted : 27 February 2017 10:58:43

AndreZS1AZ wrote:

Andre I came right with the gaskets, somer back ordered the copy with them. Waited 1 week for CNA to receive it.
RSA
Building RB7
MsTr_B
#399 Posted : 28 February 2017 07:05:49

Any hints on tuning the motor? Tried to start mine yesterday.
RSA
Building RB7
AndreZS1AZ
#400 Posted : 28 February 2017 13:44:04

Hi MsTR_B, I am glad that you came right with the gaskets. I was quite willing to post you some shim stock that I have in my possession. My motor started right out the box because it should all be factory pre-set. I will check my needle sttings and post them here.
F1sasha, welcome to the build. You will need a glow plug ignitor and 20% nitro fuel. Issue 91 gives you the starting procedure and the motor should be pre-set.
I myself have not done much building after replacing the faulty rx, too many other things to play withDrool