Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Ww1 horror of the trenches Options
birdaj2
#21 Posted : 25 November 2016 20:12:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Brilliant update as ever Ken.

I would stick with the plane because from what i saw it was looking really good.

Could you not have the rigging broken as chances are a crash would have snapped some of it.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#22 Posted : 29 November 2016 21:30:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all here's the next update

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#23 Posted : 07 December 2016 21:24:34

Hi all well the first one in the series is done I've put the two together since that is how they will be displayed, I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far.

Spal
#24 Posted : 08 December 2016 13:37:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nicely done Ken ThumpUp

Al
kpnuts
#25 Posted : 13 December 2016 19:25:05

Hi all, well I've finished one of my nemesis's, the first plane, I know I'm rubbish at them but I think this would be OK in an infant school, hopefully the older kids will take pity on me as the first two dios are OK.

Spal
#26 Posted : 13 December 2016 20:45:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks fine Ken, apart from the broken wing of course LOL

Al
kpnuts
#27 Posted : 17 December 2016 20:01:52

Hi all well here is the next installment, I was going to do this crashed in a green valley in the summer but then I thought, this is supposed to be showing the horror of the war, so I decided to have it crashed in a cold snow covered muddy field, so here is the revision, personally I think it looks really cold.

Nemesis
#28 Posted : 17 December 2016 20:05:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks really cool!ThumpUp (scuse the pun!LOL )
delboy271155
#29 Posted : 18 December 2016 10:23:47

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well done Ken.

Cool Cool Cool

The snow effect with the bits of mud showing is excellent. Love

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#30 Posted : 18 December 2016 12:43:17

Looks Great KenBigGrin like the planeCool looking forward to the next oneBigGrin regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

kpnuts
#31 Posted : 18 December 2016 22:32:58

Hi all I decided to put the decals on before I put the wings on or the rigging as I can see it being very fiddly after, I'm figuring that maybe I will rig each layer of wings before I add the next layer, I know nothing about rigging planes, is this a good method or will it cause problems later on.
davetwin
#32 Posted : 18 December 2016 22:52:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Ken

I don't know about rigging planes but your logic seems sound, I can't think of any reason why it would cause problems later
Spal
#33 Posted : 18 December 2016 23:11:21

Nicely done Ken BigGrin not an expert on rigging as only did a couple of biplanes many years ago and rigged them once the wings had been fitted and set.

Al
kpnuts
#34 Posted : 19 December 2016 21:23:31

Now I'm confused, the instructions show the crossover rigging in the wings going through them with the middle of the cross intersecting the centre of the wing the box art shows the starting at the inside of the top wing and going in front of the other two and seeming to attach to the undercarriage and crossing below the centre wings, photos on Google are inconclusive, personally it would be easier if they didn't go through the wings, which is correct.
birdaj2
#35 Posted : 19 December 2016 22:01:58

Not sure what the kit is Ken? Is it the airfix camel by any chance?

If it is this finished build has some pictures that may be of help to you.

http://www.airfix.com/uk...h-camel-0007501075/?p=1

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#36 Posted : 19 December 2016 22:41:20

Thanks mate, it is a sopwith but it's a triplane I have been shown some pics and it seems one goes through the wing and the other goes outside.
Plymouth57
#37 Posted : 19 December 2016 23:48:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ken

You're correct! There are a pair of wires which go from the top of the outer wing strut to the bottom edge of the fuselage, these pass in front of the wings, but there is a single wire which runs from the top of the inner wing strut to the bottom of the outer, this one has to pass through the middle wing!
Sorry!BigGrin

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#38 Posted : 21 December 2016 22:01:34

Hi all well here is the next update, I'm not happy with it but hey, that's par for the course, me and planes just plain don't mix.
The one thing in my advantage is none of the kids will probably never have seen a triplane and even if they had it would have probably been the red barons so they won't know if it's right or wrong.

In my defence it's tiny it's only 75 mm long and a wing span of only 110 mm
Spal
#39 Posted : 21 December 2016 23:32:15

Coming along nicely Ken, the kids will Love it.

Al
kpnuts
#40 Posted : 11 February 2017 21:06:36

Hi all well it's finished
Hi all well this lot is completed ( unfortunately I didn't realise that the last led was multi coloured) hey ho