Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
MFH 1/12 Alfa Romeo TIPO 158 Options
darbyvet
#41 Posted : 12 January 2017 18:45:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

These kits are true multimedia.You get plastic,resin,metal,screws,pipes,wires and photoetched parts.The quality of the parts is excellent.The white metal is very soft and take a bit of work to get everything to fit properly.The instructions are excellent.My biggest beef is that you need to drill tons of holes in parts to get everything to fit together and you have to search through the instructions several times to see what needs drilling or you end up sweating trying to drill parts that are already painted. It would be great if they would have some diagrams showing all of the holes you need to drill in one step.

Carl

ModelMania
#42 Posted : 12 January 2017 21:25:28

Groups:

Nice work as always Carl, looks like it is going to be a substantial weight when complete with all of those chunky metal components. Blink ThumpUp

Think I too would remove the MFH lettering. Looks a bit like the old 'Dinky Toys' cars that had embossed lettering underneath and gives what is a fabulous model an unnecessary toy like element?

Kev Smile
michu
#43 Posted : 12 January 2017 21:37:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I'm watching your build with plenty of interest as I have myself a few of MFH kits on order. You're doing a great job with this, plus this all is knowledge I'd probably otherwise gain by destroying a perfectly good kit...

I'd remove the lettering too, not sure what they were thinking? Is this all their kits that have MFH stamped underneath?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
arpurchase
#44 Posted : 23 January 2017 00:34:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Saw one of theses built and on display at the show and what a cracking job the guy had made of it, the same guy had built our Honda 750 kit and we had a long chat about both models.

One thing he did say was each wheel would take a week to construct but when done are a true work of art having seen them in the flesh I can confirm this.Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Sticky Wickett
#45 Posted : 23 January 2017 15:36:30

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I love the detailing on these kits. Fantastic!
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
darbyvet
#46 Posted : 23 January 2017 16:46:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Thanks guys,
the wheels are constructed just like the Pocher wire wheels with individual spokes that are inserted through holes in the rim and hub.It looks like the spokes are precut and since they are quite a bit smaller than the Pocher wheels I have done I can imagine they will take a while to do.The instructions are very good though (unlike the Pocher)

Carl

darbyvet
#47 Posted : 12 February 2017 18:43:39

I started painting the engine.I used metalizer for the engine block and flat black.The engine construction has to be done exactly per the instructions or you wont be able to fit all of the parts.Some of the pipes need polishing so i am slowly working piece by piece.I also built the leaf springs.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
enginepaint1.jpg
enginepaint2.jpg
enginepaint3.jpg
spring.jpg
arpurchase
#48 Posted : 12 February 2017 20:42:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good and the leaf springs go together wellCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#49 Posted : 12 February 2017 22:59:59

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming together nicely Carl, looking great....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#50 Posted : 12 February 2017 23:30:19

Nice work Carl Cool that painted block looks good.

Al