Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Walter Wolf Countach complete with display case Options
Eagle
#1 Posted : 07 August 2015 02:20:14

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The model itself has been done for a while, just waiting for the display case to arrive , to keep it dust free.

The overall impression of the subscription is very good ; troublesome areas were the exhaust, especially getting the tips aligned and farther up into the bodywork, and the final steps of mounting the front and rear sections together, I highly recommend using lots of painters blue tape to protect the windows and paintwork during these last few steps, and having an assistant wouldn;t be a bad idea either. Modifications were limited to adding PE clamps to the plumbing, wiring to the ignition coils, airbrushing the interior to tone down the gloss, and spacers for the front wheels to get them out near the fender edges.
The Deag case is HUGE and the graphics are tampoed on the inside, I'm very pleased with it, and to me it was worth the expense; all that's left is the engraved plaque to arrive. Sorry for the dark photos, but light reflections during the day looked much worse;

davetwin
#2 Posted : 07 August 2015 08:30:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Eagle, is this from Japan? I didnt realise this build was already finished somewhere.

The case looks beautiful and reall tops the model off nicely, can you adivce how much the case was
Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 07 August 2015 09:41:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Stunning looking build Eagle Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
greyhawk
#4 Posted : 07 August 2015 10:19:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jquest64
#5 Posted : 07 August 2015 11:38:00

WOW!! I have this ordered and have received 8 deliveries so far, trying to wait so once I start I can keep going.
However after seeing your build, that is getting harder to do. Your Countach looks incredible, and I love the display case.
Great job and thanks for the moto photos for the rest of us!!
davetwin
#6 Posted : 07 August 2015 12:16:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jquest64 wrote:
WOW!! I have this ordered and have received 8 deliveries so far, trying to wait so once I start I can keep going.
However after seeing your build, that is getting harder to do. Your Countach looks incredible, and I love the display case.
Great job and thanks for the moto photos for the rest of us!!

I am building this one myself and can imagine how difficult it is to refrain from making a start, it's an awesome build
mogwai
#7 Posted : 07 August 2015 13:36:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi now at looks great.gives us across the pond in the UK.something to really look forward to, as we fair way behind on subscriptions, case sets it off a treat to.hope they do case for us in UK.thanks for sharing.cheers mick.
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
stevie_o
#8 Posted : 07 August 2015 13:50:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase
#9 Posted : 07 August 2015 20:11:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice build and she looks sweet in the caseCool Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Eagle
#10 Posted : 13 August 2015 15:12:25

Thank you all for the compliments; it was indeed a Japanese subscription that I was able to have a friend purchase and ship to me. I can't say enough about the display case, the graphics ,the optical clear acrylic and overall display presence , I can't walk by this without stopping to admire it.

I would LOVE for DeAg to produce a Muira or '62 Ferrari 250GTO to accompany this beauty.

Flashajd
#11 Posted : 24 October 2015 04:35:56

This looks gorgeous in that case! As a number of people have said they would llike it too. I thought i would ask the question that a moderator could answer! But will they? Is there any chance of this being made available to uk subscribers? As the model progresses it will now get bigger, a local company to me in plymouth will supply me with a bespoke led lit display case which looks amazing but costs three times the cost of the japan price of a deagostini countach display case. I am loathed to pay the import duty on a genuine deagostini case. but even then its 1/3 the price of led lit case. But now (if pack 13 ever arrives) the model will start to grow in size and should begin to be displayed in the display case designed for it.
Tomick
#12 Posted : 24 October 2015 09:24:59

Groups:

We are hoping to make the Countach display case available to purchase via the online shop, towards the end of the colection BigGrin
Eagle
#13 Posted : 25 October 2015 17:52:51

Tomick; Will the display case be available for us USA builders as well?
Tomick
#14 Posted : 25 October 2015 21:25:53

Groups:

Hopefully yes, but depends on a number of things which are yet to be agreed
Flashajd
#15 Posted : 21 October 2016 22:32:26

Hi, as it seems we are not going to be getting this case in the uk, does anyone have any idea of the dimensions for it? I will get one made for me locally and can guess at length and width but have no idea yet on height with doors open. Any help appreciated, thanks.
Tomick
#16 Posted : 21 October 2016 22:48:04

Groups:

Correct, it's not going to be available for the UK or USA. Eagle should be able to provide the dimensions for you as he has got one, see post #1. As mentioned elsewhere, a self assembly display case will shortly be made available.
AlecK
#17 Posted : 13 February 2017 23:15:57

Eagle wrote:
The model itself has been done for a while, just waiting for the display case to arrive , to keep it dust free.

The overall impression of the subscription is very good ; troublesome areas were the exhaust, especially getting the tips aligned and farther up into the bodywork, and the final steps of mounting the front and rear sections together, I highly recommend using lots of painters blue tape to protect the windows and paintwork during these last few steps, and having an assistant wouldn;t be a bad idea either. Modifications were limited to adding PE clamps to the plumbing, wiring to the ignition coils, airbrushing the interior to tone down the gloss, and spacers for the front wheels to get them out near the fender edges.
The Deag case is HUGE and the graphics are tampoed on the inside, I'm very pleased with it, and to me it was worth the expense; all that's left is the engraved plaque to arrive. Sorry for the dark photos, but light reflections during the day looked much worse;

Hello Eagle

Great case! I'm looking to get one made for my brother-in-law's birthday to display his Countach. Can you tell me what the total height is with the doors open?
Happy modelling

Alec