Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

C57 glue mishap Options
Shauncnh
#1 Posted : 27 February 2017 20:14:16

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Due to being of work the last couple of weeks after cutting my today I decided to make a start on building my c57.
I am not sure how it has happened but I have noticed that I have I drip of gorilla super glue on the side of the boiler which has turned whiteCursing
Does anyone know a good way of removing it without damaging the paint finish?

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
greyhawk
#2 Posted : 27 February 2017 21:55:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Your first approach would be soaking the affected area in warm water for a minute or two then try to rub off the glue with a microfiber cloth. If that does not work try adding dish washing soap to the water.

Next on the list would be trying to soak the area in a creeping oil and hope it fights its way beneath the spot of glue. Try olive oil first, then WD 40. Again try rubbing off the spot with microfiber cloth.

Anything else I can think of right now would be dangerous for the paint finish.
greyhawk
#3 Posted : 27 February 2017 22:00:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Actually, skip the dish soap. If the paint job is anything like something from the Tamiya X or XF line, then that's kinda dangerous. Maybe test on an invisible spot.
davetwin
#4 Posted : 28 February 2017 21:16:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you can't get the glue off then hand moisturiser rubbed onto the glue spot will take away the white Cool