Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Etype display Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 11 March 2017 07:33:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

I`ve been thinking about the display of this iconic car and decided mine can have some bling.LOL

I`ve seen a Jag dealership with a large plinth outside and the leaping Jaguar on top with Jaguar engraved under.

All I have to do now is build a plinth high enough to raise this above the model (see link - I`ve just purchased one of these)

Leaping Jaguar

Next search is for the right stuff to make the plinth from.Blink

My hands are seriously itching for this one now.Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

jase
#2 Posted : 11 March 2017 07:48:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I think that will look fantastic,

maybe one of these on the plinth if you can find one.

http://www.welshent.com/...h&cPath=231_279_282

Jason
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
birdaj2
#3 Posted : 11 March 2017 12:04:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Derek,

I am sure you will turn out something really special.

I have been having some thoughts and ideas on display so it will interesting to see what all of the builders come up with.

I know the launch date for this build is Wednesday next so just wondering if we get the first editions then or if that is the date it becomes available and we have to wait on the 10-14 days shipping time.

So looking forward to this one and having just started 2 weeks leave (work for a company that allows no more than 5 days carry over from March into April which is the new leave year) I am all primed and ready to go BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 14 March 2017 17:48:24

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

My leaping Jaguar arrived today and I think it will do just fine for what I have in mind.

I`ve got plenty of time now to work out the plinth.

Have attached a pic to show the size.

Regards
delboy271155
(derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20170314_153124.jpg

Spal
#5 Posted : 14 March 2017 18:02:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Derek Cool look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Al
birdaj2
#6 Posted : 14 March 2017 21:55:16

Derek

Looks like you picked a nice one as i had a look for something similar and quality was just about non existing.

That looks a very nice shiney one and looks just right.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#7 Posted : 14 March 2017 23:34:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Look forward to seeing what you do with this Derek, will be watching....Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Geoff44
#8 Posted : 19 March 2017 21:42:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Iv'e gone for a pair of leaping Jaguars in chrome finish self stick for £4.99 that were featured at the bottom of the same page of the link. These will be used in my display of the finished model by attaching them to my display case which I have already got. It is length 700mm width 300mm height 300mm. It used to house a 1/400 scale model of the Titanic, which I sold a few years ago. It will fit the Jag and a few Jag related items I aim to display with the model.
All will be revealed in my Build Diary before completion.
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 20 March 2017 03:33:28

Geoff44 wrote:
Iv'e gone for a pair of leaping Jaguars in chrome finish self stick for £4.99 that were featured at the bottom of the same page of the link. These will be used in my display of the finished model by attaching them to my display case which I have already got. It is length 700mm width 300mm height 300mm. It used to house a 1/400 scale model of the Titanic, which I sold a few years ago. It will fit the Jag and a few Jag related items I aim to display with the model.
All will be revealed in my Build Diary before completion.

Yep I`ve seen them as well and they do look neat. Cool

There`s shed loads of stuff on flea bay that can be used for people`s displays of the Jag.

Good luck with your choice Geoff, I`m sure it will be great.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Geoff44
#10 Posted : 20 March 2017 13:49:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Here is the self adhesive front grill badge (life size) that is the same as the badge with issue 1.
This too could be used to attach to your display.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...Name=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Or how about these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...eName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF