Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Should I start a Honda Build Diary? Options
Geoff44
#1 Posted : 22 March 2017 16:51:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have been collecting parts for my Honda part works for quite a while and have just received pack 18 earlier this month. I intended to start my own build diary, once I had enough parts to make a decent start.

However, due to a stroke, which put me in hospital for a while, I had to abandon working on my kit. It left me slightly paralysed down my left side and had to have many sessions of physiotherapy which has finally got me well on the road to full recovery.

I haven't done any work on my model, since I assembled the exhaust parts together, before I became ill, so I am quite a way behind reaching the stages, for which I have all the parts.

Thankfully I have now got much more use of my left arm again and although it is still not 100%, I can now work sufficiently for short periods and I am hoping to get back to work on my model again.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested, if I set up a Build Diary, starting from where I left off many months ago. I know it won't be a complete build from stage one, but it will give me encouragement to get stuck in again and share my build with others who have already completed their model, or those who are still building.

I will wait for your responses, before deciding. Thank you.
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 22 March 2017 16:56:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Geoff

I do not think you would be wasting your efforts in doing one.

Its always good to get peoples views and build experiences so even though there are a number of build diaries all documenting the same model its the variety and experience people add that makes them interesting to follow.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 22 March 2017 16:58:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Id say a definite "Yes" Geoff, the more diaries the better and good to know you are on the road to recovery, good luck with it and look forward to seeing your Honda come togetherBigGrin

Steve
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 22 March 2017 17:00:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I would love to see you build diary Geoff.

Carl

roymattblack
#5 Posted : 22 March 2017 17:06:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

You certainly won't be wasting your efforts.
There are a large number of bike enthusiasts here who would relish your build.

Go for it.
Spal
#6 Posted : 22 March 2017 18:41:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The more the merrier Geoff,look forward to seeing yours take shape.

Al
stevegbr
#7 Posted : 22 March 2017 19:14:11

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

its a yes from me geoff, go for it, i will be watching. BigGrin BigGrin
Gandale
#8 Posted : 22 March 2017 21:13:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Geoff, the forum is all about build diaries and contributions from its members so you get a yes from me.... Look forward to seeing your diary take shape... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Geoff44
#9 Posted : 22 March 2017 21:27:00

What a great response from you guys, I wasn't so sure, now this is a fairly old model, that anyone would be interested it following another one. But from the reply's so far, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Give me a few days to get all the parts sorted out, as they are stored in a large cardboard box on top of a wardrobe. This will give me time to get some photos taken as well and decide how I am going to present it. Some episodes may cover three or four stages at a time and some maybe only one or two, depending on how I feel, but I will eventually get it completed.

I have already set up my Jaguar E-Type Diary as most of you will know and I hope to be posting that as well when parts become available. Meanwhile, I can plod on with the Honda, because I have all the parts up to pack 18.

GEOFF
Narayan
#10 Posted : 22 March 2017 21:43:33

I echo everyone else's sentiments Geoff. Glad to hear you are on the mend and it certainly doesn't seem to have dampened your enthusiasm.
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

davetwin
#11 Posted : 22 March 2017 21:55:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's good hear that you are making progress in your stroke recovery, may your progress continue Cool

Go for it and start a build diary Cool
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 22 March 2017 22:50:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I say yes. Cool

Good to hear you`re on the mend and I can`t think of any better way to get a bit of physio BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#13 Posted : 22 March 2017 23:37:18

Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Just because the kit is an oldie - if anything, it makes it MORE interesting...

Get posting...
bugsec
#14 Posted : 22 March 2017 23:38:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Geoff44 wrote:
What a great response from you guys, I wasn't so sure, now this is a fairly old model, that anyone would be interested it following another one. But from the reply's so far, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Hi Geoff,

In my opinion age of the model (or the modeller LOL) doesn't matter a jot.

The more the merrier.

Hope your health keeps improving.

Graham
Geoff44
#15 Posted : 23 March 2017 00:50:51

Nice to know that all you guys are behind me and I thank you all for wishing me well, back to full recovery. I feel better already and although it is an old model, I too am an old modeler who still has an interest in bikes as well as cars.

My biking days were back in the late fifties/early sixties when I bought a Triumph Tiger Cub. Later I had a AJS 350 and then when I passed my test for a car, my bike owning days were over. I bought an old Ford V8 Pilot when I was 22 and parted with it after six months, because it was a gas guzzler. But what a great car though with the old flat head V8 engine. I have a 1/43 model of one in my car collection, and would love to build a large scale model of one.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic here, so I will prepare my Honda Build Diary and post an opening page, then maybe tomorrow or before the weekend, I will start my first assembly episode.

GEOFF