Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Old Man's Honda CB 750 Options
Geoff44
#1 Posted : 23 March 2017 01:09:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Welcome to the Old Man's Honda Build Diary. This build starts from the stage after assembly of the exhaust pipes and silencers, which was the last time I worked on the model, before I became ill. But I have all the parts up to pack 18, so I can now get back to this build at my own pace as and when I feel up to it. I still have my off days, due to condition, so please bear with me and don't expect too much in each episode, I will try to do as much as I am able without over doing it.

INTRODUCTION.

Opening Picture - A montage of various bikes through history.
Picture 2 Shows a real life Honda CB750
Picture 3 First stages of my build already completed.
Picture 4, 5 & 6 various build stages completed.

Next episode coming soon.
Enjoy.

Geoff44 attached the following image(s):
All Bikes.JPG
Honda CB 750 Four.JPG
ONE 001.JPG
ONE 002.JPG
ONE 003.JPG
ONE 004.JPG
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 23 March 2017 09:01:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A great start Geoff.
Those last two pics could be of a real bike if the box and table didn't give it away.
I like what you've done with the tyre to weather it down. Very realistic - how did you do it?

Roy.
stevegbr
#3 Posted : 23 March 2017 11:53:24

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

it is a great looking model geoff, keep the photos coming.
Geoff44
#4 Posted : 23 March 2017 13:04:47

roymattblack wrote:
A great start Geoff.
Those last two pics could be of a real bike if the box and table didn't give it away.
I like what you've done with the tyre to weather it down. Very realistic - how did you do it?

Roy.

Ha ha! To be quite honest Roy, I haven't done anything with the tyre. The whole kit has been stored away for quite a while and this is what it looked like when I took the photos. I was thinking of blackening it up a bit, but it does look rather weathered, so I might leave it as it is. The back tyre is still sealed in its plastic bag, so I'll see what I can do with that, to match the front tyre.

To make this build a little different, each episode will start with a picture of a different bike throughout history, with a little description about each bike, before going on to show the build photos. I will explain where they came from in the next episode.

Whilst I am here. Is there any way you can add text between each photo?
It seems that you have to write any text first, then upload all your photos, which show up altogether. It would be nice if you could separate them when in edit, so you could add text.Maybe this is due to how the forum is formulated, because some forums you can separate photos and add text in between them.

GEOFF
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 23 March 2017 13:52:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good job Geoff, Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Spal
#6 Posted : 23 March 2017 14:09:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to see your build Geoff Cool look forward to seeing more.

Al
Narayan
#7 Posted : 23 March 2017 17:31:56

Great work so far Geoff. Looks really good.

Graham
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

Gandale
#8 Posted : 23 March 2017 21:02:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking really good, look forward to see more of this build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#9 Posted : 23 March 2017 21:22:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Geoff.

I think you should leave the tyre as it is. It looks very realistic Cool
Narayan
#10 Posted : 23 March 2017 22:43:40

Geoff44 wrote:

Whilst I am here. Is there any way you can add text between each photo?
It seems that you have to write any text first, then upload all your photos, which show up altogether. It would be nice if you could separate them when in edit, so you could add text.Maybe this is due to how the forum is formulated, because some forums you can separate photos and add text in between them.

It depends what medium you are using to post your pictures Geoff. If you are using Photobucket then you can click on the image url for each individual picture. You can then write anything you like between each picture. Have a look at my Ford Mustang diary (Mustang Sally) and you'll see what I mean. Happy to talk you through it via PM if you like.

Graham
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

arpurchase
#11 Posted : 23 March 2017 22:46:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin My tyres looked like yours when I first received them if you like them like that its fine but you can revive them by using a silicon oilCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

roymattblack
#12 Posted : 23 March 2017 23:31:15

Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin My tyres looked like yours when I first received them if you like them like that its fine but you can revive them by using a silicon oilCool

NOOOO....

It will make them look like kit tyres again.
Most modellers strive to get tyres to look realistic.
You've done it Geoff without trying!
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 23 March 2017 23:43:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice start Geoff.

It looks a great model and one i was tempted with but other kits got in the way BigGrin

Hope it continues well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Geoff44
#14 Posted : 26 March 2017 15:51:45

Thank you for all the recent comments. I hope to have the next part of this build, ready for showing Monday evening, 27th March and the next Haynes Engine update will be on Wed 29th.
Happy modeling! BigGrin

GEOFF
roymattblack
#15 Posted : 26 March 2017 18:29:17

Geoff - I'm not a biker.
In fact, bikes have ZERO interest to me.

However, your model looks so good, I've even looked at the kit on the home page.

Keep it coming.
Tomick
#16 Posted : 26 March 2017 18:46:30

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

roymattblack wrote:
arpurchase wrote:

NOOOO....

It will make them look like kit tyres again.
Most modellers strive to get tyres to look realistic.
You've done it Geoff without trying!
Many bikers use a tyre black/tyre shine in the same manner that many car drivers do, which gives a showroom finish. It really depends on the finish your looking for..
roymattblack
#17 Posted : 26 March 2017 22:17:39

Actually Mr T - you're right.

On my own 'big' car, I regularly give my tyres a wipe with Simoniz tyre black.
It's just that with models, weathered tyres somehow make a kit look more 'real'.

As you say - horses for courses.
Geoff44
#18 Posted : 27 March 2017 19:51:35

Here is the start of my Build Diary, from where I left off after assembly of the silencers and exhaust pipes, before my illness.

EPISODE ONE.

Each episode will start with a print drawing of a Motor Cycle that has been produced over the past one hundred years. These are taken from a book I bought many years ago from a book shop in Hay-on-Wye, which is famous for its book shops. The first to pictures will show the cover of the book and the next picture will be of the earliest motor cycle from the book. Each episode in this build will start with another picture from this book, before going on the show the build photos.

There are quite a few photos in this episode, so I will just show them without description as each stage of my build is completed. So without further ado, lets see what I have done during this episode.

Picture One - The Book of Motor Cycles

Picture Two - 1909 Harley Davidson V Twin 1000 cc. This motorcycle first went into production in 1909. William Harley & Arthur Davidson set up their company in Milwaukee in 1902 and was the forerunner to the Harley Davidson bikes we see today.

The rest of the pictures show each stage of the build so far.

Geoff44 attached the following image(s):
Book Cover 1.JPG
1909 Harley V-Twin 1000.JPG
One 001.JPG
One 002.JPG
One 007.JPG
One 008.JPG
One 009.JPG
One 013.JPG
One 014.JPG
One 017.JPG
One 019.JPG
One 022.JPG
One 023.JPG
One 025.JPG
One 026.JPG
One 029.JPG
One 032.JPG
One 033.JPG
One 034.JPG
One035.JPG

GEOFF
Spal
#19 Posted : 29 March 2017 17:54:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice update Geoff Cool

Al
Gandale
#20 Posted : 29 March 2017 18:50:06

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good, nicely done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan