Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

So... I took the plunge. CrazyPoet's Crazy Build Options
CrazyPoet
#1 Posted : 08 March 2017 17:39:35

Groups: Registered

I just placed my subscription order yesterday.. Yippee!

So... I'm starting with some general thoughts about my approach to the build, and this will also be where I post updates, pictures and the like. This also will help me keep my thoughts straight as I go through the build and (undoubtedly) change things along the way.

I know right up-front that I'm not going to build the ship as an exact replica of the movie prop. At the same time, I'm not planning to make it an entirely different ship.

It will still be the Falcon, but likely at a different point in time than the movie (sooner? later? dunno yet). This was a working ship with a looooong history.

It was used. It was battered. It was inhabited by characters of less than sterling housekeeping abilities, one of which had lots of fur and neither of whom were ever observed to wipe their feet or wash their hands prior to boarding...

As I look at the materials and documentation, the thing that strikes me most is that the movie prop, even allowing for the Lucas "used universe" approach, was far too neat and tidy and *clean*.

I'm not planning to make it sloppy, but it will be obvious that this was a working cargo hauler with infrequent maid service. It was repaired and updated and modified *constantly* with whatever materials and equipment were available.

This gives tremendous scope for having some fun with the build and weaving my own thoughts into the story.
Other builds:

1:24 Model Expo Picket Boat 1 - 90%

1:48 Signifer Grumman Goose G21B Conversion - 1% (Just started cutting resin)

1:32 HK B-25J Strafer - 5%
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 08 March 2017 17:56:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum ,
I am forum support for USa so let me know if I can help in any way.Looking forwards to seeing some pictures of your build

Carl

CrazyPoet
#3 Posted : 08 March 2017 18:10:42

Thanks! I'm digging through all the work that's been posted here, and there are some amazing builds happening.

I'll be working this in parallel to other projects, but given a long-term subscription, it just kinda works.

This is a solid community and I look forward to learning at the feet of Masters while hoping to contribute at least some tiny tidbits to the collective wisdom.
Other builds:

1:24 Model Expo Picket Boat 1 - 90%

1:48 Signifer Grumman Goose G21B Conversion - 1% (Just started cutting resin)

1:32 HK B-25J Strafer - 5%
davetwin
#4 Posted : 08 March 2017 21:21:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Cool

Hope you enjoy your build, you'll certainly get a lot of ideas from the builds on here BigGrin
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 08 March 2017 21:23:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum. The great thing about this build is there are no rights or wrongs with what you want to achieve yourself. Have a great time with it, I look forward to your progress and pictures with anticipation. BigGrin

Mark
Gandale
#6 Posted : 08 March 2017 23:57:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your time with us and am sure you're going to have a lot of fun putting this one together. I know I'm going to have fun following your progress.... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 09 March 2017 06:35:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

Good luck with your build, I`m sure you`ll do just fine.

Cool Cool Cool

Should you hit a sticky bit and have a question, then just ask as someone here will have the answer.

Happy building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

James H
#8 Posted : 31 March 2017 20:16:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Imagine seeing you here! ;)
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 31 March 2017 23:54:15

BigGrin Welcome to the forum and it looks like a fun journey with your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .