Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

reinforcing plates on table base Options
greyhawk
#1 Posted : 15 April 2017 22:03:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hey guys, just got my full kit and ran into a little problem in build phase 2. Yes, really.

I suspect that the table base needs to be entirely level and stable. My problem is, that one of the reinforcing plates to be fitted in phase 2 has some very slight warp of about half to one millimeter. The lower edge is not straight but concave. I suspect it got dinged in transport.

Now as soon as I fit the plate the table is of course no longer stable, but wobbly. This is not remedied when screwing it to the table base.

Should I get it replaced or does this not matter in the end?
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 15 April 2017 22:10:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The bed must be flat at all times otherwise you wont be able to set it up properly at the stage where your setting the print nozzle height. I would order a replacement part.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

greyhawk
#3 Posted : 15 April 2017 22:54:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal