Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

DeAgostini Jaguar E-Type events! Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 02 May 2017 17:22:47

Groups:

The first event is Weds May 3rd - We will be running a "Jaguar E-type Taxi" which will pick up the March competition winners and drive them through London.
March competition: http://www.eventmagazine.../brands/article/1426565

The second event takes place on Saturday 6th May - We will be attending the Royal Windsor Jaguar festival and will have a trade stand.

Further details on both events will be updated here shortly once we've finalised the press release..Cool

Set to attract over 1,000 Jaguars and Daimlers for public display, the Royal Windsor Jaguar Festival will take place on Saturday, 6th May 2017, at Windsor Castle, by kind permission of Her Majesty The Queen.

Royal Windsor Jaguar Festival will see one of the largest single gatherings of Jaguar cars at Windsor Castle.

Up to 250 classic Jaguars are expected to parade through Windsor Town and around The Quadrangle of Windsor Castle.

A further 750 Jaguars will join the festivities by lining The Long Walk and will be open to the public free of charge.

Royal Windsor Jaguar Festival is being organised by The Prince Philip Trust Fund in association with The Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club, Jaguar Land Rover Classic and The Rotary Club of Windsor and Eton.

The Royal Windsor Jaguar Festival is set to be one of the biggest and best yet as the event organizers aim to attract one of the largest single gatherings of Jaguars, SS cars and Daimlers.

The event will include a stunning parade of up to 250 Jaguars from both past and present through Windsor Town Centre and into The Quadrangle of Windsor Castle before going on display at the Frogmore Cricket Club for the public to enjoy. However, the excitement does not end there as a further 750 Jaguars are expected to line The Long Walk giving the public a chance to admire models covering over 80 years of Jaguar’s rich heritage.

https://jec.org.uk/event...or-jaguar-festival-2017

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 03 May 2017 06:00:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Crying Crying Crying

Would have loved to have got to the Jag Fest at Windsor, but working nights makes it impossible.

Had it been on Sunday that would have been ok. Cursing

Should anyone get there, I`d appreciate a few picks on the forum.

Pretty Please, BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Spal
#3 Posted : 03 May 2017 11:57:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This looks a great event for Jag lovers, and only a tenner for the family to view the cars.
Hope some from the forum attend and get some piccies.

Al
Tomick
#4 Posted : 03 May 2017 18:03:00

Groups:

Press release 3rd May 2017..

Today two commuters in central London were treated to a taxi ride to work that they will never forget, in what Enzo Ferrari called ‘the most beautiful car ever made’ - the Jaguar E-type.

The beautiful 1960s convertible Jaguar E-type taxi, which was driven by the world’s leading Daniel Craig lookalike Steve Wright, is taking a number of lucky busy workers to offices, meetings and appointments to mark the launch of the new build-your-own Jaguar E-type model series “Build the Jaguar E-type” from global leader of partwork publishing, De Agostini.

The E-type taxi is visiting several iconic locations throughout central London during the day, attracting attention from tourists and commuters alike.

Mark Shaw, architect from Shoreditch, said: “I was the envy of all my friends and family this morning when I rode to a meeting in the beautiful E-type taxi. I’ve long been a fan of the Jaguar E-type and have always wanted a ride in one. It’s certainly brought some spring cheer to my commute.”

Danielle Dunleavy, nurse from Wembley, said: “It was a complete joy to take a ride in this beautiful classic car to work. It certainly beat my usual tube ride and got lots of attention from other Londoners, especially with the Bond lookalike driver. I wish we could have E-type taxis like this in London every day!”

Photos: http://www.timbismedia.com/etypetaxi/

March competition: http://www.eventmagazine.../brands/article/1426565
CKourouklis
#5 Posted : 05 May 2017 19:02:55

Just wondering if there were a place a yank could register his finger-tapping impatience to get his E-Type subscription in the States. Didn't seem to warrant a new topic, so I thought I'd put that here.

It's past April now, but if DeAgostini acts to start us across the pond soon enough, I'll even refrain from demanding my XK-E.

Shut up and take my money, as it were.

Eh, well. Not as if I lack a Countach to finish and a Shelby to get started. Carry on...

Tomick
#6 Posted : 06 May 2017 08:33:16

Groups:

CKourouklis wrote:
Just wondering if there were a place a yank could register his finger-tapping impatience to get his E-Type subscription in the States. Didn't seem to warrant a new topic, so I thought I'd put that here.

It's past April now, but if DeAgostini acts to start us across the pond soon enough, I'll even refrain from demanding my XK-E.

Shut up and take my money, as it were.

Eh, well. Not as if I lack a Countach to finish and a Shelby to get started. Carry on...

http://forum.model-space...=231665&#post231665
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 06 May 2017 14:00:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

CKourouklis,
welcome to the forum.I am forum support for USA so let me know if I can help in any way.As Tomick pointed out in the link the Jaguar should be available very shortly in USA.

Carl

Tomick
#8 Posted : 08 May 2017 13:29:28

Groups:

2017 Royal Windsor Jaguar Festival video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlM-y01E3sw
Spal
#9 Posted : 08 May 2017 13:39:07

Looks like a great turnout and some well looked after cars.

Al
CKourouklis
#10 Posted : 08 May 2017 21:18:41

darbyvet wrote:
CKourouklis,
welcome to the forum.I am forum support for USA so let me know if I can help in any way.As Tomick pointed out in the link the Jaguar should be available very shortly in USA.

Carl

Excellent! Thanks both to you and Tomick - wasn't aware of the US-specific forum before now.

5/15 Update: Order's in. Suitably chuffed.

(Seems it always comes about that what you want is imminent just as you kick up a big fuss)