Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

George Best Jaguar E-TYPE Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 11 May 2017 08:42:35

Groups:

Coser
#2 Posted : 11 May 2017 12:51:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Please can I ask that links to videos are accompanied by at least a brief description of the video.

I do most of my surfing on this site at lunchtimes at work. Video sites are blocked, and I need to work out is it worth looking at during my spotty connection times at the digs I live in.

If it's just a link and a thread title, I'm probably not going to bother.

If it's important enough to post, it's important enough to give a little background (2-3 sentences, don't need subtitles on the video) on so we can make up our minds as to whether to invest the time on.

Thanks.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]
mattsr
#3 Posted : 11 May 2017 16:28:52

Coser wrote:
Please can I ask that links to videos are accompanied by at least a brief description of the video.

I do most of my surfing on this site at lunchtimes at work. Video sites are blocked, and I need to work out is it worth looking at during my spotty connection times at the digs I live in.

If it's just a link and a thread title, I'm probably not going to bother.

If it's important enough to post, it's important enough to give a little background (2-3 sentences, don't need subtitles on the video) on so we can make up our minds as to whether to invest the time on.

Thanks.

George Best Jaguar E-Type. The clue's in the name. Flapper
Coser
#4 Posted : 11 May 2017 16:54:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

No, it's not.

Is it a half hour documentary showing it from factory to owner, or a 5 minute look at a static E-type that has a particular number plate showing?

Is it someone else talking about it and doesn't show a car at all?

When I see a title like that, my first thought is "Big deal.". Posting a picture would have told me more.

[edit:] CKale's "Interesting Youtube Link" thread at least told me it seemed to show the finished product. That I will watch as soon as I can. After all, it's not like youtube doesn't have a search function, but links to videos I do think will be interesting save me time. when you can't get online often, and at times have to fall back on 4G data allowances, I don't think the request for more information was unreasonable.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]
Tomick
#5 Posted : 11 May 2017 17:23:11

Groups:

YouTube video is generally viewed and searched by title and its length always shown at the start. The body of the video relates to the Best car and therefore no need to expand on its title. You may not think it's any big deal of a clip but others may find it interesting. That said, your point is noted, as little thought given as to how much mobile data may be used up to watch, thank you.