Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Non Bikers Busa Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 19 May 2017 16:29:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

As a person who really likes four wheels underneath him, building a bike was a bit off track for me.Blink

This is not a full blown diary, more a collection of pics at varying stages (when I remembered to take them). I actually got very engrossed in this one, as I learnt a bit about bikes on the way.

At this time I have very limited space in the workroom, so please excuse the mobile phone pics.

I`m up to pack 22 of 24 and just cured a minor issue with the right indicator. This and getting the front attached the back end have been the only glitches, but nothing to get worried about.

More to follow soonBigGrin

So here`s the pics:

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 19 May 2017 17:32:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin You should give it a go on riding a bike Del wind in your hair bugs in your teeth LOL by the way lovely job

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 19 May 2017 17:55:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin You should give it a go on riding a bike Del wind in your hair bugs in your teeth LOL by the way lovely job

Rgd Martyn

Wind in my hair, a bit thin now BigGrin

Bugs in my teeth, can take some out to clean em Blink

What I might be sitting in, Crying Crying Crying

Nah, think I`ll stick with four wheels.

Thanks for looking in,

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

birdaj2
#4 Posted : 19 May 2017 18:16:51

Derek

That looks very nice. Its a change for you in making this one but a change is good sometimes to try something different.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
davetwin
#5 Posted : 19 May 2017 23:39:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'm with you Derek when it comes to four wheels, I'd much prefer a comfy seat with air con and climate control than the wind in my hair BigGrin

Nice work with the Bussa, the bike kits do look very nice
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 20 May 2017 05:58:01

birdaj2 wrote:
Derek

That looks very nice. Its a change for you in making this one but a change is good sometimes to try something different.

Hi Tony, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in. Cool

I do like a bolt together, it`s a nice infill. As I work nights there`s a couple of hours when I get home to chill and putting a few bits of this type of build together, I actually find relaxing. The other thing is you can put it down at any point and pick up again later without issue. No painting tools to clean etc.

Hope to have the Busa finished soon, so watch this space.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 20 May 2017 06:08:56

davetwin wrote:
I'm with you Derek when it comes to four wheels, I'd much prefer a comfy seat with air con and climate control than the wind in my hair BigGrin

Nice work with the Bussa, the bike kits do look very nice

Hi Dave, BigGrin

I do love my creature comforts when driving, just press the go or stop pedal and suffer switching on the indicators every now and again, Oh and a bit of steering helps.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

As you say the bike kits are very nice and the detail looks wonderful(bikers may want to add the odd extra detail), but all in all I think they are very comprehensive kits.

Next update soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

arpurchase
#8 Posted : 20 May 2017 07:54:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good and your right all the bike builds turn out something specialCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#9 Posted : 20 May 2017 12:02:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Derek Cool The bike kits are all great straight out the box, I for one hope there are more in the future.

Al
Metal Mech
#10 Posted : 20 May 2017 13:15:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks really good. I hope do a bike build one of these days.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 22 May 2017 01:06:24

Thanks to all that have looked in, most appreciated.Cool

The final details and electrical connections are shown in the following pics, along with the final panels and bits, ie seats etc.

Had a couple of minor issues with fitting the main side panels, but took a couple of deep breaths tried again and now can`t work out what didn`t work the first time. LOL LOL LOL

Anyway here`s the final pics of construction, will put some up in the finished build section very soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg

Markwarren
#12 Posted : 22 May 2017 08:01:57

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent work Derek. She looks a beauty.

Mark
VTwinTed
#13 Posted : 07 November 2017 16:49:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looks great, mate 👍🏻
arpurchase
#14 Posted : 07 November 2017 20:09:52

BigGrin Looks good to me DerekCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#15 Posted : 07 November 2017 21:21:02

Thanks for the kind comments. Cool Cool

From the one bike I`ve built and the others I`ve seen built on this forum, all the bike kits are great and look fun to build.

Now that from a non biker must mean something. LOL LOL

Happy building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

birdaj2
#16 Posted : 07 November 2017 21:40:31

I agree with you looking at the various builds. The details and parts quality would almost have you think its the real thing from some of the pictures that are being posted.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
stevegbr
#17 Posted : 07 November 2017 22:15:38

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

that looks stunning to me, sometimes you forget you are looking at a model.
magpie1832
#18 Posted : 09 December 2017 00:33:41

Great detail in this kit. You did a great job on the build Derek.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.