Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages 123>»
Delboy`s C57 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 28 May 2017 14:14:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

This will be my "early" morning bolt together build.(I work nights and it`s something I can do without disturbing anyone)

The diary will consist of end of stage pics only.

So watch this space.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#2 Posted : 28 May 2017 15:35:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Derek

A bolt together can be a welcome change and quite satisfying because you can get to an end result easier in many cases.

Hope you enjoy. It looks a nice model and i thought the pre-painted finish a great added bonus.

I still have some of my d-51 to finish and its getting around to sorting the paint out that is holding me back on that one.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 28 May 2017 19:16:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin It really is a nice kit and the brass pipework certainly sets her offCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Metal Mech
#4 Posted : 28 May 2017 19:25:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This is one I would love to build one day. Never built a locomotive or a brass kit.

Looking forward to see your build progress.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
Gandale
#5 Posted : 28 May 2017 22:43:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good luck with it Derek, I'll definitely be one of your followers....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#6 Posted : 29 May 2017 14:30:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You will love this one Derek it's a really great build Cool

A word of advice if I may, when you are attaching the eyebolts to the boiler before securing them I would put one of the handrail bars through to make sure they are all aligned perfectly. If they're not perfectly aligned it will make it hard work getting them in later. Cool
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 29 May 2017 16:43:25

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Thanks for the interest. Cool

Dave - thanks for the tip, I`m always up for tips/advise if it makes a job easier.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

mogwai
#8 Posted : 29 May 2017 18:55:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi look forward to your build of this its a great build. That's a good tip from dave. Just to add to it I drilled my handrail stantions out just to remove the paint in the hole.found that some but not all were tight for the rail. Which results in scraping the paint off the rail when you insert them.cheers mick. BigGrin BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 30 May 2017 06:26:52

Well here we go. Got home just over an hour ago.

First, thanks for the second tip from Mick. Cool

Now this may not be an update of a full issue later on in the build, but this first one is nice and easy to get going.Laugh

Cut some wire. Ah, have a gadget for that to stop making bad shapes at the cut point. Cheers Jase, I see one of these in a build of yours.Blink

So cut the bits, fitted to number plate. Then using the spacer gauge fitted the number plate to the front cover.

That`s it Huh ,pics below and next update soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

delboy271155
#10 Posted : 30 May 2017 08:02:45

So, next stage before I go to bed.

Fit the rear ring to the boiler.(Four screws)

Fit the front boiler door to the boiler.(Four screws)

Note: Be careful with the screws. Turn them in and then turn them back and carry on doing that until they seat properly.

Pics below.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Gandale
#11 Posted : 30 May 2017 08:34:23

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice start Derek, enjoy the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#12 Posted : 30 May 2017 12:52:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Derek, nice looking gadget as well BigGrin

Al
delboy271155
#13 Posted : 30 May 2017 17:36:53

Thanks to those who looked in, much appreciated. CoolCool

Here`s a link to the wire guillotine and it`s worth a look around the proops site as they do lots of hobby stuff.

Proops Bros

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

davetwin
#14 Posted : 30 May 2017 20:04:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice start Derek Cool
arpurchase
#15 Posted : 30 May 2017 20:30:38

BigGrin Nice start DerekCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#16 Posted : 31 May 2017 07:36:36

I`m loving this build, Cool Cool , an hour in the morning just chills me out having got home from work.

Thanks to those looking in and for the kind comments. Love

So today, fit two rods to the double wheel assembly with bushes and screws.

Nice and gentle start.Laugh

Fit the two chimney parts together, steady with the glue here.Blink

Fit the chimney to the cylinder bit, you may have noticed that at this point my heads not round the technical terms. Flapper. Will get there I promise. Laugh

So now it`s the spark arrestor, (think that`s right, sure someone will tell me Blushing ), bit more fiddley but nothing to get too concerned about.

"Now" fit the spark arrestor to the bottom of the smoke stack, "DOH" it`s called a chimney.Confused

Don`t stick your finger to the inside of the smoke box. Blushing Not going to explain that one.

Add two pivots to the smoke box and a lever to the pivot on the right side. DONE BigGrin

So a few pics of progress so far:

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Markwarren
#17 Posted : 31 May 2017 08:03:25

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice start Derek, it looks a great build.BigGrin

Mark

Gandale
#18 Posted : 31 May 2017 08:18:46

Lovely update Derek, looking good....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#19 Posted : 01 June 2017 19:05:45

Thanks to Mark and Alan for your comments. Cool

Got a bit too involved with other things this morning and had to sleep before putting this update together, but here it is:

Pics below show the Front deck base fitted.

The Feedwater Heater assembled.

The Feedwater Heater and its holder assembled and fitted.

The Feedwater Holder top plate fitted.

That`s it up to the end of stage 6.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

Spal
#20 Posted : 01 June 2017 20:04:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Steaming along with this Derek BigGrin nice work.

Al