Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Modelers plans Options
jase
#1 Posted : 11 June 2017 21:31:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Purchased this CD of modellers plans and notes for the Constitution. I have now had chance to go through the content, I have to say there is tonnes of stuff on all aspects of the the ship and its various refits.

I would certainly recommend it to any modeller who may want to stray from a straight box build of this model

and hear is a link

https://store.ussconstit...s/books-models-modeling

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#2 Posted : 11 June 2017 21:38:58

Groups:

Looks useful, though it only covers up to 2010 and therefore does not include any changes made in its latest/current refit.
jase
#3 Posted : 11 June 2017 21:48:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
Looks useful, though it only covers up to 2010 and therefore does not include any changes made in its latest/current refit.

Thats very true. do we know what year is replicated on the DeAg model?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#4 Posted : 11 June 2017 22:05:43

Groups:

Impossible to determine the exact period other than it reflects much the same as the Expo kit which is the most accurate version which is supposedly based on the same plans you have, though even the Expo kit has not been updated since., so I would say our model design is circa the 2010 plans, it's certainly not after.

Basically you need to find out what's been changed since 2010, it's another that could drive you crazy in trying to establish.