1/76 USS Constitution - "Old Ironsides" - Now on sale! Options
lilminx
#21 Posted : 13 March 2017 19:48:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Would be very interested BigGrin
Lilminx
(Andrea)

First ever build.. Bismarck 1/200 hachette I have been given first 14 issue done.Now working my way through.
HMS Victory just starting on hold waiting on the parts my fault for got to update details
birdaj2
#22 Posted : 13 March 2017 21:12:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just had my layest sub to the u- boat build and july sees that one ending thankfully.

So that frees up for another sub so very intetested in this one especially if it has the magazine as we had with victory and sos because the history in these was A1.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#23 Posted : 14 March 2017 00:02:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A beautiful looking ship and one I look forward to seeing on the forum.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
jase
#24 Posted : 25 April 2017 13:32:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to May
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
MFG
#25 Posted : 25 April 2017 15:07:02

Hi,

I've been looking at these ships on this forum I am seriously thinking about joining up for this one I know nothing about it I'm simply going of looks Blushing BigGrin Blushing

My grandfather had several sail ships in his study which he built himself, these are sadly long since lost and every time I see one they always remind me of that time and have wanted one of my own for some time but the complete ones you can buy tend to be really expensive though so this maybe a way for me to get hold of one.

If they are as hard to build as they look then I'm likely to be in trouble very quickly but hey I'll have a go and besides I could always cancel if it get to hard.

May.
arpurchase
#26 Posted : 25 April 2017 20:25:00

BigGrin Hi May

Take a good look at the Victory official build diary and any other period ship build that is on the forum they all have a simular construction. You could even download some of the PDF instructions to study to give you an idea of what to expect in a build.

We have had many people start a wooden ship build for the 1st time on here many go on to finish there builds. The bonus we have here is the help and knowledge from the members dont worry about asking questions we are here to help if needed.

If after looking at some builds and you think you will be able to do it go for it, dont get me wrong there will be challenges and times of frustration but all will be surmountable with a little help from the forum members if needed.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Martyn Ingram
#27 Posted : 25 April 2017 20:30:26

BigGrin I totally agree with Andy, I started with the Sovereign of the Seas as a first build and had great help from the forum members and I am sure you will love this build Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#28 Posted : 25 April 2017 22:04:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

We're all here to help you on your journey May, just take a little time to decide on which ship you really want to have a go at. If you're not sure about taking on one of the big ships then you could try doing one of the smaller kits to see how you get on.... Take a look at the Swift or perhaps the L'Hermoine...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jase
#29 Posted : 25 April 2017 22:40:12

I think you will find the rewards of building a wooden ship, the achievement that comes with it far out ways the time, perseverance and challenges.

its fun and rewarding and the DeAg instructions are very easy to follow

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
MFG
#30 Posted : 25 April 2017 23:47:35

Hi,

Thank you very much chaps for your continued support I really appreciate it, I'm just feel bad that I can't return the favour but hey if you ever need baking or sewing advise BigGrin

So I've been having a nosy around at the official and members diaries - they do look hard to do but what's that saying, "nothing worth while comes easy" so I'm going to go for it.

In the other ship builds section I came across Karl's diary of this ship, which I'm sure will come in handy at a later date

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=8125

And I also discovered Jase's beginners Pickle build which I'll be having a good read though.

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=15689

There seems to be a wealth of information of this forum so I should be ok.......ish

May
arpurchase
#31 Posted : 26 April 2017 20:18:25

BigGrin Hi May

Glad you decided to take the plunge, Karls build is of a different kit but along the same lines as ours on the construction. As I said before if you need help just ask plenty of peeps on here will be more than willing to help.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#32 Posted : 26 April 2017 21:06:24

MFG wrote:
Hi,

Thank you very much chaps for your continued support I really appreciate it, I'm just feel bad that I can't return the favour but hey if you ever need baking or sewing advise BigGrin

So I've been having a nosy around at the official and members diaries - they do look hard to do but what's that saying, "nothing worth while comes easy" so I'm going to go for it.

In the other ship builds section I came across Karl's diary of this ship, which I'm sure will come in handy at a later date

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=8125

And I also discovered Jase's beginners Pickers build which I'll be having a good read though.

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=15689

There seems to be a wealth of information of this forum so I should be ok.......ish

May

Hi May, lots of help on the forum, looking forward to seeing you get going Cool

Yo ever need any help just shout

Jase
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#33 Posted : 26 April 2017 22:47:44

Great to hear you've taken the plunge May and feel sure you'll thoroughly enjoy the learning experience. Take your time with it and ask if you're unsure.... good luck....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
MFG
#34 Posted : 26 April 2017 23:44:07

Hi,

Thank you chaps,

No doubt the questions and cry's for help will come "thick 'n' fast" - speaking of which here's the first BigGrin

http://forum.model-space...=239396&#post239396

May.
tnequette
#35 Posted : 09 May 2017 16:39:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Carl,

You may be aware of this but the Boston Navy Yard has, I believe, some special modelers tours which gives you more access to areas on the ship. I was there two years ago and the regular tour is done in a herd and is rather rushedAngry . You may want to contact the museum to see what is available.

Tom
Tomick
#36 Posted : 14 June 2017 15:01:35

Groups:

Now on sale!

http://www.model-space.c...e-uss-constitution.html

This topic is now locked, please post further Constitution discussion into the discussion section
http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=topics&f=488
Tomick attached the following image(s):
uk_constitution_topbanner_opt_opt.jpg