Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Modified and working ramp Options
JediMaster2806
#1 Posted : 02 April 2017 20:41:50

Groups: Registered

Hi to all Falcon builders Laugh

Today I finished modifying my ramp. Since my english isn't very good you can see my progress by showing a bunch of pics:

I Wanted a door like this at the end of the ramp:

Here is a little Test-Video - I still have to sand down some parts, so that the ramp won't stock when it goes up or down:

Modified and working Ramp Test

All my modifications can be found in my german DeAgo-Thread:

Jedis modified Falcon

Have a nice day!Cool

Regards

J.R.
Tomick
#2 Posted : 02 April 2017 21:08:58

Groups:

Fantastic work, well done Cool
Gandale
#3 Posted : 02 April 2017 22:33:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Amazing work, very well done....Love Love

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 02 April 2017 22:44:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups:

Amazing mate, really nice mod.Cool

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

birdaj2
#5 Posted : 02 April 2017 22:54:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A lot of thought has been put into this i can see and it looks really good.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 02 April 2017 22:56:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

A great modification, amazing work. Love

Mark
TheKraken
#7 Posted : 02 April 2017 23:52:39

I haven't run the measurements, but man...that just looks way too tall to fit.
JediMaster2806
#8 Posted : 03 April 2017 05:51:56

TheKraken wrote:
I haven't run the measurements, but man...that just looks way too tall to fit.

It will fit. I saw pics on Facebook where the build was much higher - and did fit into the falcon incl. the upper part...

And thanks to all for your positive reaction Blushing !
gedmac66
#9 Posted : 03 April 2017 16:39:06

That is simply fantastic mate . Congratulations!.
Any chance of sharing the measurements/materials etc... you used ? The one on Shapeways so expensive .
Would like to attempt something similar to yours if possible .
Had a look through your German thread really interesting build , unfortunately I didn't understand most of what was written , but the images were terrific .
Thanks for sharing .

Cheers Ged Drool
JediMaster2806
#10 Posted : 03 April 2017 17:59:19

gedmac66 wrote:
That is simply fantastic mate . Congratulations!.
Any chance of sharing the measurements/materials etc... you used ? The one on Shapeways so expensive .
Would like to attempt something similar to yours if possible .
Had a look through your German thread really interesting build , unfortunately I didn't understand most of what was written , but the images were terrific .
Thanks for sharing .

Cheers Ged Drool

Thanks a lot, Ged.

For the Bottom I used this one:

Etched Brass

An the Rest of the build was done by Polystrol and different evergreens.

The Main walls must reach from the Beginning to nearly the end - and the Rest is "do-it-yourself-however-you-like-it".

The lamps were build are like the studio modell had them:

And the rest depends on your own taste...

Corellian Hyperdrive
#11 Posted : 06 April 2017 22:02:44

I think there would be some interest if you offered this as a limited run kit.
JediMaster2806
#12 Posted : 07 April 2017 06:26:56

Corellian Hyperdrive wrote:
I think there would be some interest if you offered this as a limited run kit.

Oh, thanks a lot... Blushing Blushing

A Friend of me wanted to do create exactly just such a kit. I waited for this 2 months, but he got some trouble in his family and has no time left to do anything for the Falcon. So this idea died...

Another Friend gave me the matrix for the walls so I could build everything by myself. The door at the end of the ramp is done by hand without a matrix - I rated the length on a gut level...

But my first inspiration for any modification I got here in this forum. So let my say thanks 2 times:

First to Markwarren - he was the first who used the etched brass for the bottom of the ramp. I loved this look and wanted it at my ramp, too.

Second: thanks to Warthog - he modified the wall of the ramp very, very well (Drool) and inspired me, too.

And for making the motor work there were no instruction anywhere. I saw finished pics but they did not show how it was done. I acted on instinct (felt the force in me...BigGrin ) for the rest of the build.
davetwin
#13 Posted : 08 April 2017 17:10:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Superb work with the ramp Jedimaster, it turned out fantastic Drool
JediMaster2806
#14 Posted : 24 June 2017 16:58:57

I finished the Bottom part of the Falcon with all Landing and Caution Lights - and tthe ramp works no perfect and won't stock anymore. And I added a Gimmick in the Ramp...

Here are some new pics:

And a new video - the part with the Ramp is at the end of the Video:

Millenium Falcon finished Bottom with Landing and Caution Lights and modified Ramp

More pics in my German thread.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

J.R.

Metal Mech
#15 Posted : 24 June 2017 18:26:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job on the ramp and the rest of the kit. Looks amazing. I too plan to use those brass bits. I love how the look on the ramp.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
arpurchase
#16 Posted : 24 June 2017 18:34:53

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#17 Posted : 24 June 2017 18:36:09

Looks absolutly fantastic.

You have so much detail in there it looks more real than real.

Very neat work indeed.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Levelord
#18 Posted : 24 June 2017 19:04:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator

Hi Jedi,

warum machst du dir hier einen zweiten acc? In diesem Forum kannst du deine Zugangsdaten vom deutschen Forum auch nutzen.
Zwei Accounts verstößt gegen die Forumsregeln.

Musst dich entscheiden welchen acc du nutzen willst, bevor Modelspace das entscheidet.;)

Gruß Sascha
Der gesamte Baubericht und alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung. © Levelord

@work: X-Wing,Dodge Charger, MIG-29

Completed: McLaren MP4-23, Hummer H1, RedBull RB7, Easy Rider Bike, Jaguar E-Type, Porsche 911, Ferrari F2004, AMG DTM Mercedes, Ford Mustang, R2-D2, C57, Modellbahn,Rossi Bike,VW Käfer 1303,VW T1 Samba Bus

JediMaster2806
#19 Posted : 24 June 2017 19:24:34

Levelord wrote:
Hi Jedi,

warum machst du dir hier einen zweiten acc? In diesem Forum kannst du deine Zugangsdaten vom deutschen Forum auch nutzen.
Zwei Accounts verstößt gegen die Forumsregeln.

Musst dich entscheiden welchen acc du nutzen willst, bevor Modelspace das entscheidet.;)

Gruß Sascha

Lol, wusste ich nicht, sorry. Eine Anmeldung hier mit meinem deutschen Account hatte aus mir nicht bekannten Gründen nicht geklappt - daher war eine Neuanmeldung nötig. Dass ich hiermit gegen Irgendwelche Regeln verstoße, war mir nicht bekannt.

Wenn es nur einen Account geben kann, dann natürlich meinen ersten deutschen Account...

Sorry, wenn ich hier damit Ärger verursacht habe. Wollte dem englischen Sprachraum eigentlich nur unterstützen und zeigen, dass die Rampe doch umbaubar ist.
JediMeister
#20 Posted : 24 June 2017 21:44:48

@Levellord: jetzt hat es mit meiner deutschen Anmeldung hier geklappt. Da hätte ich mir das mit der Neuanmeldung sparen können...

Werd jetzt nur noch hier mit meinem Hauptaccount weiterposten - danke für den Hinweis.