Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
Dokta´s McLaren MP4/4 Options
frah2o
#81 Posted : 06 July 2016 11:23:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

DaDokta wrote:
Yeah, it`s a big one!

Yesterday i attached some decals to the Chassis:

Unfortunately one of the "powered by Honda" decals wasn`t of the best quality - have to live with that (and display the car from the left side!).

One question:
Should i put a layer of clear varnish over the decals? Normally i would do that, but as the chassis is varnished already, i`m not so sure.

Thanks!

Quote the same questions. I also purchased the Autograph Decals. I would know if once fitted, i must spray clear coat on the body. I use Tamiya TS 13 clear gloss
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
DaDokta
#82 Posted : 06 July 2016 13:54:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Mr.T - so i`ll leave it as is!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
ModelMania
#83 Posted : 06 July 2016 13:54:33

Groups:

Hello Walter,

I agree with Tomick, if you are happy with the finish as it is, then it's good enough? The other option if you aren't happy, might be to use a model specific wax polish but tested first on an inconspicuous area, though to be honest I wouldn't even bother with that as the bodywork looks fine to me.

Kev
DaDokta
#84 Posted : 11 July 2016 10:04:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DaDokta attached the following image(s):
2016-07-14_181931085_DF0B5_iOS.jpg
2016-07-14_181949394_9D953_iOS.jpg
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
ModelMania
#85 Posted : 11 July 2016 10:12:19

Groups:

You have achieved a fabulous end result to your build Walter, you should rightly feel very proud - very well done indeed!!

Kev
davetwin
#86 Posted : 11 July 2016 13:23:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely job Walter.

You've done a splendid job with decals, the overall finish Is stunning! I'm sure this will get lots of attention once it's on display in its case
DaDokta
#87 Posted : 12 July 2016 14:02:50

Thanks guys!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
DaDokta
#88 Posted : 05 July 2017 06:52:35

Hi guys!

As all my photos were cancelled by photobucket. I re-attached some of them - but only the more important ones.

Therefore i would like to provide a link to all the pics of this build:

DaDokta`s MP4/4 Gallery
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds: