Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

X-Wing Kit bash Options
jase
#1 Posted : 06 July 2017 22:47:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello,

For fathers day a few weeks ago my two Daughters got me the following model kit, and Today I bashed it out...

The kit does not have a scale, Bandi have a range of these Star Wars kits that all appear to be different, undeclared scales.

The kit comes with 5 Frets one of which is for the display stand. instructions are printed in the box base. there are painting instructions on the inside of the box base to. Also included is a set of self adhesive venal decals with instructions on the side of the lid.

The kit requires the parts to be removed from the fret as any other plastic kit, and clean up of the tabs is required then the parts simply push together.

build starts with the engines on the first wing half.

with both wing halos done they push together making fully hinged opening and closing wings.

The main body is two halves that fit over the wings a back panel locks them together and a solid plastic cockpit cover is fitted, along with the wing cannons.

The display stand allows the X-wing fighter to be fully posable

The finals add som much needed colour to the finished model

Kit bash done. total build time 1 hour. I think the detail on such a small kit (just over 9cm long) is fantastic and under paint could look stunning. perhaps a project for another day

May the force be with youCool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Metal Mech
#2 Posted : 06 July 2017 22:58:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Turned out pretty nice.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
lholland
#3 Posted : 07 July 2017 14:23:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

cute