Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Issue 39 pin problems Options
justkelly
#1 Posted : 30 July 2017 02:08:42

Groups: Registered

I've hit a snag with issue 39. It looks like it wants 4 of the pins that attach the hydraulic assemblies, but only 2 came with the issue, and they don't seem to be right at all. I see that issue 38 is supposed to have carried 4 others, but I've checked my bag and they didn't come. So do the pins in issue 39 get used elsewhere, or am I misunderstanding the situation? As far as the missing pins from 38, am I SOL? Is there an acceptable substitute?

Thanks,

Kelly
BradM73
#2 Posted : 30 July 2017 03:15:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

You should always check to make sure you receive all parts associated with each issue. All parts are shown on the first build page at back of the magazine. If you didn't receive the pins you need, it's best to let Model Space know. They'll send you the replacement parts for free.

As far as using something different, I would recommend trying to get the originals first. Just be absolutely certain how you assemble each pin so that they don't fall out later. I've seen too many people mess up that part of their build. I have a video series on YouTube over all the issues, so you might want to look up my name there and the issue. If you'd like a direct link, PM me. Not sure if posting a direct link is allowed or not.
justkelly
#3 Posted : 30 July 2017 05:52:58

Yeah, I always put the little pieces in a bigger zip-lock bag for safekeeping, and they're definitely not in there. Double checked all the bags the last 2 issues came with and everything, so :/. I'll get in touch with them for sure.
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 30 July 2017 09:28:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 38 should have supplied he hydraulic pins, 4 of them, 2 Long ones and 2 shorter ones. Issue 39 contained the ramp motor and the pivot pin for the pivot arm issued in 38. Some were issued with 2 pins for this, in case one broke or got lost. The hydraulic pins would have come in a small bag, possible with some screws with them inside. If they are missing the I'm sure CS will be able to help you.

Regards
Mark
justkelly
#5 Posted : 30 July 2017 13:08:20

OK, when you say hydraulic pins 2 long & 2 short, do you mean parts 9 & 12 in issue 38? Because I have them all right. It's part 17 (ram pivot pins) that's MIA. I was confused b/c the only thing I have resembling 17 are the 2 pins from issue 39 which I think I see now are for mounting the pivot to the motor. Just want to make sure I'm getting all this right before I start gluing things into place & like that.
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 30 July 2017 15:29:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

The small ram pivot pins are to attach the ram pivot to the hydraulic cylinder, sorry thought you meant the hydraulic pins in the previous post. The ram pins would have come in a small bag with 5 pins in, one spare, in issue 38.

Mark