Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Warped frames and foredeck of Constellation kit Options
m0325
#1 Posted : 08 October 2017 16:25:13

Groups: Registered

I just finished most of stage 1 of the Constellation kit.. Had no problem with keel and extension construction or placing the frames at 90 degree angle Also no problem completing the planking on both sides of foredeck. However I see that one of the frames is warped even though it is squared in the center. Cannot remove that frame without destroying the keel. Also I now realize one side of the planked foredeck is also warped. The warping cannot be easily corrected and the basic structure must be perfect to go onto the last few steps in stage one and the stages to come.In short, I must start over but do not know to explain to customer support that I need to replace all of stage one. Your opinion and help is greatly appreciated. M0325
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 08 October 2017 21:25:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hey buddy,
Warping usually occurs in association with dampness.Are you keeping this build in a damp area? Were the parts warped before construction? If you have warped parts you can correct the warp by soaking the parts in water and then placing them between 2 sheets of glass and adding weight to keep them flat.Its always a good idea to check for warpage before you use the part.If you can send me a PM with your information I will contact customer service for you to get replacement parts.

Carl

greyhawk
#3 Posted : 11 October 2017 16:58:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had this same situation with pack 1 of Soleil Royal and customer support simply sent me another pack 1.