Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fibre optics Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 24 May 2017 11:41:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

You've made a great start. The only advise I can give is to let the drill piece work and dont put too much pressure on it when you drill the hole. I put 0.25mm fibers into my console, I did use a 0.30mm drill piece and mushroomed the ends first before feeding them through. By doing this they will feed through much easier and the fibers will not pull through when you mushroom the ends. I did a tutorial on the custom build if you want to take a look. Very fiddly process though.

Good luck, I hope this will save you some drill pieces, and I look forward to seeing some pictures of them working soon.BigGrin

Regards
Mark
figuerres
#2 Posted : 26 May 2017 19:45:21

Groups: Registered

Hyperdrive Kid wrote:
Thanks for the advise, I was thinking of ordering some .30 drills, but can't wait for them to arrive, so I have tried using tiny sewing needles heated up on a bottle top..... mushroomed the end and it works perfectly... also the time it take to make the hole and thread it through is about 15 seconds...... I can fit hundreds if I want.....and my nerves will be fine.... There is always a shortcut !!

like the other post, with drills and saws -- let the tool do the work!

that is always true and even more so with the small tools.

slow is steady
steady is smooth
smooth is fast

like US Navy Seals....
No1crazyhorse
#3 Posted : 11 October 2017 23:20:27

Groups: Registered

I would love to see the video but that link doesn't take you to your customised falcon rather an advertisement for model space
stevegbr
#4 Posted : 11 October 2017 23:22:34

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

No1crazyhorse wrote:
I would love to see the video but that link doesn't take you to your customised falcon rather an advertisement for model space

have a look at this link.

http://forum.model-space....aspx?g=topics&f=315