Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Canadian duty fees and shipping sale? Options
VincentVegaFFF
#1 Posted : 03 November 2017 21:56:03

Groups: Registered

Hello! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm interested in the R2 build but I'm concerned about duty fees on each issue since they can be quite high and a lot of the carriers charge brokerage on top of the taxes. I'm curious if any other Canadians have ordered the kit and what their experience has been like with duty?

Also, the current $1 shipping sale does that only apply to the first order or will it extend to every issue if I start the subscription now? Thanks!
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 03 November 2017 22:07:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

VincentVegaFFF wrote:
Hello! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm interested in the R2 build but I'm concerned about duty fees on each issue since they can be quite high and a lot of the carriers charge brokerage on top of the taxes. I'm curious if any other Canadians have ordered the kit and what their experience has been like with duty?

Also, the current $1 shipping sale does that only apply to the first order or will it extend to every issue if I start the subscription now? Thanks!

Its always a good question to ask as i have bought numerous items from the usa to the uk and as well as import charges there are the additional postal charges this end for (in my opinion doing nothing at all) and that can really add to your parcel costs. And you cannot avoid it because the postman delivers a nice red card saying we are holding a parcel for you that has charges to pay.

Over here they get you on not just the cost of the purchase price but also add in the postage cost so you have to be careful. And then on top of that they add around £10 as ahanfdling fee.

And its things i buy that you cannot source in here.

Totally off track but i can order from china, hong kong, australia, and "mr customs man" leaves me well alone

Over here you can get a rough idea by looking at the postal service import charges. I would think your internet search would give you a similar detail but that said hopefully a fellow Canadian model maker can answer your query.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Metal Mech
#3 Posted : 03 November 2017 23:23:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I can answer half of your questions.

Unfortunately I don’t live in Canada, so i don’t know how the duty fees work.

However I can confirm that if you take advantage of the $1 shipping sale, that it will be $1 shipping each month for the life of your subscription. Like Tomick said, you will need to start your subscription while the sale is running. Also if you pause your subscription for any reason, when you start back up it will still only be $1 shipping each month. This is my favorite sale that DeAg does and I always place my orders when they have this sale.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete