Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Kenjaras Sky Rider Drone Options
kenjara
#21 Posted : 11 May 2016 12:11:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Mekon wrote:
Kenjara, I would say I had the same issue. triple checked the wiring, all tests carried out pre-flight then put the rotors on, turned them on to idle and, after around 5 seconds, one of the rotors spooled up to full speed and just flipped the drone over. No input on the transmitter at all.

I have literally taken everything apart a few times as well and redone the wiring I have nothing left to try so hopefully a new board will sort it.

Did you see my videos in the other post with the readings from the application?

Video 1

Video 2

Does yours do the same?
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Tomick
#22 Posted : 11 May 2016 13:02:21

Groups:

Mekon wrote:
Not yet Michu, I need to follow up. I have been in the US on business for the past few weeks so not had much time. Now I have seen that there may be a board issue, I will reach out to Customer Service.

Did you successfully pair the handset and drone receiver?
Mekon
#23 Posted : 11 May 2016 14:14:14

Yes Tom, the transmitter and receiver paired with no problem at all, and if I hold the drone body, I can feel the rotors pulling when shifting the control sticks. Sometimes the rogue rotor does seem to return to normal RPMs which you can feel very easily when holding it (there is a mighty pull when it is running full whack!).

I may try and run the data checks again this evening and see if what it reports. I did try some alcohol contact cleaner in case there was a connection issue, but that is the only thing I have tried to date. I have some time on my hands this weekend, so I'll take another proper look just to double check it's not something I've done.
Tomick
#24 Posted : 11 May 2016 18:24:12

Groups:

Have you swopped out the rogue motor with one of the others just to rule out you dont need a new motor?

Can I suggest you start your own query topic in discussion as its unfair to hog Kens build diary
Mekon
#25 Posted : 11 May 2016 20:19:39

Yes, I will create a thread.

Apologies Ken, I didn't intend to take over your diary.
W7ATR
#26 Posted : 26 November 2017 20:11:41

So did you get your drone in the air? I followed your post , I bought one used and cant get the US contingent to send me a master parts list or manuals, I downloaded the assembly ones (all 12) off the website, but still need to get a replacement arm. Not getting much help from DeAgostini help desk on that. yet...
Tomick
#27 Posted : 28 November 2017 09:13:19

Groups:

W7ATR wrote:
So did you get your drone in the air? I followed your post , I bought one used and cant get the US contingent to send me a master parts list or manuals, I downloaded the assembly ones (all 12) off the website, but still need to get a replacement arm. Not getting much help from DeAgostini help desk on that. yet...
We only support customers who buy our products directly from us. There are occasions where we do sell auction buyers parts where needed but generally only if they have been a prior customer on our other models.