Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Andy's E-Type Build Options
AndyH
#1 Posted : 14 December 2017 19:14:52

Groups:

This will be first partwork model I've built and the first time I've tried to do a build diary so wish me luck.

The first pack arrived today, only a week after ordering, which is pretty good at this time of year.

Issue 1 is pretty simple, only the Growler badge to attach, so I think I'll leave it until it's needed later on.

Cheers,

Andy

AndyH attached the following image(s):
20171214_112322.jpg
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 14 December 2017 19:20:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Welcome aboard Andy.

The E Type is a great kit with loads of scope for adding to.
Have fun with your build.

Roy.
stevegbr
#3 Posted : 14 December 2017 19:25:45

Groups:

hello and welcome andy, great to see another builder doing the e-type, looking forward to seeing your progress. BigGrin
AndyH
#4 Posted : 14 December 2017 19:26:01

Groups:

Thanks Roy. I've been looking at some of the other build diaries to get some ideas and I see from yours that you've made some mods to the cylinder head. I don't intend to make the structural changes you've made bit I will have a go at painting the nuts on the top.

Cheers, Andy
Gandale
#5 Posted : 14 December 2017 23:43:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good to see you started on this one Andy, I'll be following your progress with great interest.... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#6 Posted : 14 December 2017 23:50:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Welcome Andy, Nice to see another Jag starting. Look forward to seeing your pictures soon.

Chris Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 15 December 2017 00:18:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome Andy, great choice to start a build log. I look forward to your progress.

Mark
Spal
#8 Posted : 15 December 2017 04:32:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glad to see your diary has begun AndyBigGrin look forward to seeing it progress.

Al
CKale
#9 Posted : 15 December 2017 19:54:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Someone pointed out to me that even small amounts of painting,such as the nuts on the rocker cover, make a great difference to the overall look.

I look forward to seeing your updates. Enjoy the build. It's very satisfying.
roymattblack
#10 Posted : 15 December 2017 20:01:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

There are a few really simple upgrades that only involve a bit of paint.

The block - gloss black with gold pressure plugs (the round circles on each side.)
The front - cam chain cover - ally/silver.
The exhaust manifold - dark grey/black.
The triangular air filter box - very light gold/silver.

There are lots of parts on the kit engine that are just silver as supplied.
Google images - 'E Type Jaguar engine'.

Many of the components are really black, dark silver/grey, even gold.
It all makes a huge difference and gives the big beastie more to 'look at'.

Enjoy the build.
Look forward to your updates.

Roy.