Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

IDBOX 3D doesn't work the right way Options
PatR2D2
#1 Posted : 29 December 2017 00:27:48

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I just end to build the IDBOX but I'm very frustrated... I order the
full kit and I received only the parts. The books doesn't make
part of the sending... I RECEIVED THE ANSWER from Model Space THAT THIS WAS NORMAL.

I build it with the PDF files off the Model Space site.

Now without any explanation I downloaded and started Repetier-host.
When I started a test print I have my axes (X,Y & Z) went to "0" positions but my extruder doesn't heat up.(The bed t° is set on 0)
I read different thing you wrote in the forum but without succes. I ignore if my settings are OK, I don't know if my communication is OK,
I am completely lost in the all story and without support it's just to become completaly crazy...! Cursing

Can some one help me please? Confused

I'm a confirmed model constructor, I'm know working on the Starwars "Millenium" and the "R2D2"... So I'm praticaly sure my printer is build the right way...

Hear you,

Patrick
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 29 December 2017 09:35:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Patrick

Try this:-

Went to print this morning and printer went to start position and sat there. Waited for extruder temperature to reach requirement and still sat there. What my problem was is in the code at the beginning there is a M190 S50 (heated bed) I changed the S50 to S0 and away it went. Seems like it is waiting for the bed to heat up that we don't have. Needs a more permanent fix but at least it runs. The start code is loaded by slicer so will need changing every print.

and this:-

you also need to change the temperature in the printer settings in repetitor-host to zero too.

This should get you going

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

PatR2D2
#3 Posted : 29 December 2017 23:35:10

Hi Andy,

thanks for your answer...
I did what you purposed but nothing to do to make my
heater working.

It's maybe in my settings our in my mounting that my problem is.
So I give some screenshots of my settings, a sample of my generated Gcodes and a schematic of the way I connect everything in my IDBOX...

It gives you maybe more thing to analyse to search the problem.

File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot 2.png (380kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
ScreenShot 3.png (819kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
ScreenShot1.png (442kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
IDBOX 3D - Schematic.png (3,004kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 30 December 2017 00:03:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Patrick

In your first picture on the left change the max bed temp to 120.

Click on the printer tab to the left of extruder tab and change the default heated bed temp to 0.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

PatR2D2
#5 Posted : 30 December 2017 00:17:50

Noyhing to do... My extruder does'nt heat up.
It seem to be the Gcode M104 S205 that gives the target T° of the
extruder and the Gcode M109 S205 that looks if the T° is reached.

I know that the bed t° is creating some problems but nothing is
generated as Gcode.
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 30 December 2017 00:21:55

Have you reset the settings in repetitor host as I asked in the 1st line of my reply

arpurchase
#7 Posted : 30 December 2017 00:30:13

Hi The text below was put on the forum by Carl and may also help you get the printer working:-

So I assume you went through all the set up protocols listed in the instructions? Were you able to understand how to set up the printer given the language problems? You need to ensure the x,y and z axis motors are working and you need to level the table and make sure the nozzle clearance is correct before you start printing or you could damage your printer.

The issue may be the g code of the print.In many 3d files there is a g code instruction at the start of the g code which tells repetier host to wait until the print bed is up to temperature.The IDBOX printer does not have a heated print bed so the program never gets beyond this step. Here is a description of how to fix it and my protocol for printing.I have been printing with my IDBOX for 3 months and it is working really well.

Did you check the g code to see if it is waiting for the bed to heat up.I had the same problem and discovered there was a command at the start of the g code that told the printer to waiting until the bed had heated up before starting the print so repetier host wont print because the bed is not heated.This happens even if you turn off the bed in the manual control screen.

If you look at the g code in the g code editor screen you will see a command to wait for the printer bed to heat up;

The command is M190 S50

M190 refers to the bed and the S50 tells repetier host to wait until the bed is heated to 50 degrees to start printing.

All you need to do is change the code to M190 S0 and the printer should start printing.

Here is how I do my prints;

1.Load the object file into repetier host. Scale it to the size I want, center it and then slice it with curaengine.

2.Once the slicing has finished I check the g code to look for the M190 command and make sure the s is set to 0.

3.I always use a raft because often the first part of the print doesnt stick well to the bed (common to all 3d printers).The raft makes sure that once you actually start printing the object the filament is sticking down really well.

4.I then go to the manual control screen and turn the extruder on.

5.For PLA I set the extruder temp to 210 degrees.

6.Once the extruder is at working temp I press on the extruder button (set to 10) in the manual control to extrude so filament to see if it is melting OK.I find it is easier to do this now before the print table is really close to the print head.

7.I then go to the print menu and start the print. The printer will home the x and y axis and then the print bed will lower all the way down to it home position for the z axis and then move back up to the print head.As it gets close to the print head (within 20mm) the print head should start moving to the center of the print bed.The filament will start extruding.

8. The raft prints first.Then it will print your object.There is a timer telling you how long the print will take.

PatR2D2
#8 Posted : 30 December 2017 01:06:57

I tried it but... My extruder doesn't heat up...!

Could it be that my heater resistance is broken?
How can I test it?

I don't know to how the manuel instructions work...

It's very frustrating...
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 30 December 2017 08:42:53

Hi Patrick

Contact Customer Support for a replacement heater unit and quote the stage number for the part.

Andy