Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

having trouble starting and running my RB7 Options
DavidSDuncan
#1 Posted : 03 January 2018 14:03:54

Groups: Registered

Hey guys,

Happy new year to everybody.

Got a small problem, i have finally finished my car after all this time and now would like to start playing. i am having huge issues getting it started and running/ideling right. PLEASE PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT? I know that its trial and error and its up to me to now set it, bit it gets frustrating like hell when after 30min of pulling and sweat and still nothing. what am i doing wrong? and has anyone got the exact specs for the carb settings?
Tomick
#2 Posted : 03 January 2018 14:40:57

Groups:

Hi David,

I take it that you are using a fully charged glow starter and nitro fuel. Also have you checked that your glow plug actually glows - remove it from the engine and insert it into the glowstart using pliers, it should glow red/white hot.

Engine start and settings info can be found in the link on this page of RB7 discussion.. http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=6294
DavidSDuncan
#3 Posted : 04 January 2018 05:32:01

Groups: Registered

Hi Tomick,

Thanks i will have a look at it all. I did charge both my heaters and made sure the glow plug was glowing, but still no luck. but i will read through the manual and check it all again. And will revert back to you when i get it going.