Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<8910
Marks Build Log Options
Moonman
#181 Posted : 09 February 2017 21:47:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Mark, that is a gorgeous display case. I really like the mirror. Wish we had something like that available here in the US. Very jealous!
gedmac66
#182 Posted : 07 March 2017 04:11:50

G'day Mark ,
Just caught up on your posts over on the ' customise ' thread . Super work re ; the engine grill scratch and raised panels in the turrets . May have to ' borrow ' some of those ideas if that's o.k.!?

Quick question though , the lighting strips for the engine , were they the ones supplied or did you source them yourself ? ,
and will all the extra lights you've added fit into the supplied board ?

Cheers Ged BigGrin

Markwarren
#183 Posted : 07 March 2017 08:44:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Ged
I have an another power board that I will be using for the extra lighting I have made. I have not tested any of the lighting on any of the boards yet, but once I have and everything is okay, I will post how I have done it.
The strip lighting on the rear are not the supplied ones, I made those myself as each strip goes across both light housings.
I will be using the 9v mains adapter for the the lighting, if that's any help.

Cheers and thank you for your kind support.

Mark
gedmac66
#184 Posted : 07 March 2017 12:32:08

Hey Mark ,
Thanks for your reply . Yeah it's helpful alright . We're only up to #51 over here , and cause I'm pretty ignorant/inexperienced regarding electronics , I'm thinking of getting 2x #57 's ( the one with the circuit board ) and hoping to connect the two . Hoping that'll allow for all the extra LEDs/fibre optics I've decided to add will accommodate the lighting without damaging anything else ! . There's builders out there who've done exceptional work re; circuitry , but I'm definitely not one ( unlike yourself ) .
Thanks for sharing , and please keep posting/sharing .

Cheers Ged ThumpUp
gedmac66
#185 Posted : 30 May 2017 10:31:10

G'day Mark ,
Your other site ' customising ' the MF is fantastic and inspiring , but I don't know how to post comments there so I'm doing that here ( hope it's o.k.? ) .
Your idea to ' camouflage ' the external power lead is wonderful . I was hoping to do something similar when the time came ( only on # 62 here ! ) .
You seem to have a lot of builds happening at once , your R2D2 , diorama and MF !!!... well , whatever you're taking/doing to accomplish this , ( is it available here in Oz ? ) more power to you !
Cheers and thanks for sharing , Ged.Drool
Markwarren
#186 Posted : 30 May 2017 12:28:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Ged
Thank you once again for your comments. You can always get me here if you want, as you cannot post anything on the custom site.
I have the custom build for R2, and the diorama is something I wanted to do myself.
As you say, I have three builds at the moment, I’m mainly concentrating on the Falcon as I am so close to finishing that. Still a lot of painting to do, and whilst I’m waiting between each of the stages to dry, I’m building the diorama.
As for R2-D2, this is another custom build that I am building, and this is updated as the issues arrive.

I still have a few things on the Falcon before the custom build is finished, I will then post lots of pictures along with a video to show.

Many thanks
Mark

gedmac66
#187 Posted : 20 July 2017 09:52:33

G'day Mark ,

WOW !!!
Just got done visiting your ' MF customise ' thread ... Love . I swear your attention to detail is killing me ! Drool . The weathering on that scratched fuel pod thing ( to hide power leads right ? ) , through to those exhaust grills and ( moving ! ) fans ... you gotta explain those more concisely mate - in an in depth way in a future post .
Getting so much joy & inspiration from so many terrific builds out there , it's making my head spin ! LOL LOL LOL .
Thank you for sharing & please keep doing so ,

Cheers Ged ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Markwarren
#188 Posted : 23 July 2017 09:33:19

Thanks Ged. ThumpUp I'll try and post more detail next time. The fans used were a shapway parts from redwolf, however I had looked at using small computer CPU fans, taking them out of the housing. Having gone the route I have, I will now be illuminating the back of the fans to show heat coming through. Thank you for your support, as always. Nearly at the finish line. BigGrin

Mark
Mr Tony Murton
#189 Posted : 23 July 2017 19:42:52

stunning build mark
Building - R2D2
gedmac66
#190 Posted : 17 September 2017 19:21:31

G'day Mark , hoping you and yours are well .

Just had a sqiz at your latest post over on your MF custom thread . Terrific looking work on the exhaust vents . So detailed . Betting they were an eyesore . Not how they ended up , rather , how your eyes felt after ! LOL .

Anyhoo , I'm way behind on mine ( family & life stuff getting in the way Blink ) , almost finished the hold and corridor sections though ! .

You've been doing a wonderful job ( thanks for sharing too ) , must be exciting to have her almost finished .

Keep up the great work , and look forward to the next update / s .

Cheers Ged ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Markwarren
#191 Posted : 17 September 2017 22:31:43

Hi Ged
Hope you are well too. Thank you for your kind words. It's great to see it almost finished, but sad that it's will be the end, if you know what I mean. I have thoroughly enjoyed this project. Taking my time on the final section, and putting in some very fine detail, but it's going to take a few weeks to finish.
Many thanks for all your support in this project.

Mark
gedmac66
#192 Posted : 21 November 2017 02:26:10

Hey Mark ,

Just caught up with the latest updates on your MF - customize thread . That fuel pump / station you’ve designed to hide the socket power supply lead , is a thing of beauty Drool . I was considering something along those lines for my bird when the time finally came ( still planning an Echo Base display ) , landing gear down of course LOL !

Anyhoo , thanks for sharing ( and how’d you go with the build competition ? ) ,

Ged
Markwarren
#193 Posted : 21 November 2017 19:02:39

Thanks Ged, I will be posting the next instalment later tonight, build the console that Han stand next to. Then tested the power cable. Post pictures in the custom build later.
The competition finishes in December when the results are announced. Some very clever and excellent builds this year.

Thanks again
Mark
gedmac66
#194 Posted : 04 December 2017 08:52:46

G’day Mark ,

Some wonderfully inventive props you’ve come up with - the fuelling equipment / machinery to ‘ camouflage ‘ the external power supply lead . Beautifully finished too ! Love

I have a query though . Awhile back on your MF ‘ customisation ‘ thread , you shared your scratched - build of a 3D engine ‘ grill ‘ , which looked terrific by the way BigGrin ! What happened to that. ?

Asking cause the #3 photo in post #2 from MF ‘ custom ‘ thread ( Pt. 11 ) , seems to show a ‘ flatter ‘ grill !?

Anyhoo , looking forward to more updates on what is an incredible bird !

Cheers Ged

Edit - Blushing ignore the remarks regarding the ‘ flat - looking ‘ engine grill . Went back and re - read your threads , and found that part of your build ( Pt. 5 ) . Glad to report that ‘ scratched ‘ grill is still there !Drool
Chip
#195 Posted : 04 December 2017 19:11:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Mark

Simply in awe of your work and the fuel pod is purely inspired genius, if my build comes out 1/10th as good as yours I’ll be a very happy man. Keep up the stellar work really looking forward to seeing her in all her glory!

Chip
Markwarren
#196 Posted : 04 December 2017 21:27:59

Thank you Ged, Chip for your kind words. It looks like the end is in sight, just a few more tweaks.

Mark
gedmac66
#197 Posted : 22 December 2017 03:21:48

Hey Mark ,

Thanks for the latest updates over on your Custom thread . She’s looking stunning , and the attention to detail on all of your additions is simply beautiful .

Looking forward to seeing all your pics of the ‘ finished ship ‘ - you know you’re gonna be tinkering with it for quite some time afterwards don’t you ! Laugh ,

Anyhoo , it’s been a pleasure and inspiring experience following your MF build ( along with the others ) from the beginning . Thanks again for sharing it all . Can’t wait to see what you embark on next !

Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas 🎄 and a Safe , Happy New Year 🥂 my friend .

🍻👍🏼✌🏼Ged

Markwarren
#198 Posted : 22 December 2017 09:29:50

Thank you Ged, it seems like you know me only too well. I will probably still be tinkering once finished, but I have to draw a line somewhere. I still have R2-D2 custom build to finish and there is also a new build coming early next year. Watch this space.
Thank you for your support, and may I wish you and you family a very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.

gedmac66
#199 Posted : 07 January 2018 16:26:33

Hey Mark ,

Just finished catching up with the latest / last ? , post from your Customized MF thread .
She certainly turned out brilliantly . Congratulations mate ! You’ve gotta be well chuffed 😜👌🏼

Thanks for sharing what you did ( why and how ) , it’s been a real pleasure following it for 2yrs + now !? Time really has flown by Blink .

I’m on #95 here with my build , but haven’t really worked on her since #40 . Been busy with other ‘ Life ‘ stuff Mellow , but I’m hoping to get back on track soon .

Anyhoo , looking forward to seeing what you decide to build/share next . Of course you’ve still got R2 to complete ( and he’s coming along beautifully as well ) , so no rush BigGrin !

🍺👍🏼Ged