Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Resize your pics on a mac book Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 09 December 2017 19:17:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi all, BigGrin

I`ve recently been working with one of our forum members, to help them resize pics on a macbook.

In the process of searching the web, I came across the information in the link below.

Hope this info helps some of our mac users who need to resize their pics.

Resizing on a mac

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#2 Posted : 10 December 2017 12:38:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great find Derek, I will be converting to macbook over next few weeks so will come in very useful.
Im used to windows so will be massive change for me.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

jase
#3 Posted : 29 December 2017 00:05:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi all, BigGrin

I`ve recently been working with one of our forum members, to help them resize pics on a macbook.

In the process of searching the web, I came across the information in the link below.

Resizing on a mac

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Mac users need to resize to 27 as the largest that the forum attchments will take
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 29 December 2017 01:15:00

jase wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
Hi all, BigGrin

Resizing on a mac

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Mac users need to resize to 27 as the largest that the forum attchments will take

I don't know where you get 27 from Jase?

I use a Macbook and its the same as PC 650 x 480 for pictures. Its a simple process easier than PC plus you can bulk resize with no extra program.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

jase
#5 Posted : 29 December 2017 07:44:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

magpie1832 wrote:
jase wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
Hi all, BigGrin

Resizing on a mac

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I don't know where you get 27 from Jase?

I use a Macbook and its the same as PC 650 x 480 for pictures. Its a simple process easier than PC plus you can bulk resize with no extra program.

Chris Cool

Your probably talking pixels?

in preview if you go into tools and resize, my window, on all three of my Macs, defaults to cm. in width I put 27 and the computer resizes to 26.99 wide 35.98 high
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
magpie1832
#6 Posted : 29 December 2017 14:49:37

Just checked , mine defaults to pixels not resolution. I'm on High sierra.
Its easier to speak pixels as windows defaults to pixels which most people understand.

Chris
On the bench

jase
#7 Posted : 13 January 2018 15:36:44

magpie1832 wrote:
Just checked , mine defaults to pixels not resolution. I'm on High sierra.
Its easier to speak pixels as windows defaults to pixels which most people understand.

Chris

No idea I am not computer litret really i put 27 in width on the default screen and it works 😂😂🤘🏻
-Mark Twain