Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
New Soleil Build Options
davetwin
#21 Posted : 19 October 2017 20:16:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Welcome to the forum Gary Cool

Build looks good so far, hope you enjoy building her Cool
wgr68
#22 Posted : 20 October 2017 16:49:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and comments. Just waiting for the next shipment so I can continue.
In two days tomorrow will be yesterday!
ian smith
#23 Posted : 26 October 2017 11:40:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start to your build. look forward to seeing your progress.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Markwarren
#24 Posted : 26 October 2017 13:35:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great start Gary, nice to see you up and running.

Mark
wgr68
#25 Posted : 29 November 2017 06:22:09

Hi everyone!

My wife and I took a cruise at the end of October. When we got back I threw my back out and was not able to stand, walk or sit for very long. My Doctor has got that fixed so I was ready to get back to the build. Then my wife and I became very ill and for last 2 weeks we have battled a cold, the flu and high temperatures. My wife works for a doctor and he got us the meds we needed and we are back to 100% again.

It has been a rough month but I have started the build again and just finished stage 12 tonight. Will update on the build next week with photos.

I did find a major error. When I installed frame 1 to the false keel I did not seat it to the bottom. Had to very gentle cut away the glue, clean it and reassemble it. There was a slight warp to it but was able to draw it into place. Glad I found it now and not later when build got along to do anything about it.

Cheers

Gary
magpie1832
#26 Posted : 29 November 2017 09:11:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to hear your back onto the road to recovery. Not nice being ill.
Also nice to hear your back on the Soliel. Look forward to them pics and your progress.

Chris. Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

wgr68
#27 Posted : 19 December 2017 03:03:57

Hi everyone!

Finally moving forward on the build. With Christmas just a week away work has been slow. I have attached some photos to show that I have made some progress. Just about finish with pack 2 and should be on to the next pack during the holidays.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

Gary
File Attachment(s):
20171218_203901_HDR_resized.jpg (303kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
20171218_203824_HDR_resized.jpg (323kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
20171218_203901_HDR_resized.jpg (303kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
Martyn Ingram
#28 Posted : 19 December 2017 08:37:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good Gary Cool Have a good Christmas

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#29 Posted : 19 December 2017 10:03:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Gary, doing a great job.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#30 Posted : 19 December 2017 12:06:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely Gary, very nice work....Cool Cool ... A quick tip here, if you find you need to remove a part that has been glued on using PVA then the best way to do this is to use a small brush and hot water. Brush the hot water around the glued joint and leave for a few minutes. After a short while the glue will soften enough for you to be able to pull the parts apart, then its just a quick clean up and refit.....Cool Cool ..

Also, if you resize your pics to ensure they are no larger than 148kb then you'll find your pics will show on your post. This will save members from having to download your pics in order to view your progress....Cool Cool

Look forward to seeing your next update....

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#31 Posted : 19 December 2017 12:32:58

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely

Mark
wgr68
#32 Posted : 19 December 2017 20:26:11

Gandale wrote:
Coming along nicely Gary, very nice work....Cool Cool ... A quick tip here, if you find you need to remove a part that has been glued on using PVA then the best way to do this is to use a small brush and hot water. Brush the hot water around the glued joint and leave for a few minutes. After a short while the glue will soften enough for you to be able to pull the parts apart, then its just a quick clean up and refit.....Cool Cool ..

Also, if you resize your pics to ensure they are no larger than 148kb then you'll find your pics will show on your post. This will save members from having to download your pics in order to view your progress....Cool Cool

Look forward to seeing your next update....

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the tips Alan. I will keep them in mind for the future.

Gary
wgr68
#33 Posted : 23 January 2018 03:46:26

Hi Everyone!

Been away from the build for last month. With all the holidays and family commitments behind me I have been able to back to building this ship.

Have few errors but I'm still learning from them. Able to make the adjustments and feel I'm on track again. Just finished pack 3 and started Pack 4 tonight.

I have a couple pictures to post. Please have a look and see if it looks ok.

Cheers,
Gary
wgr68 attached the following image(s):
mon2.jpg
mon1.jpg
mon.jpg
Gandale
#34 Posted : 23 January 2018 10:03:03

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks good to me Gary, very neat and tidy work.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#35 Posted : 23 January 2018 11:12:35

Doing a great job Gary, great to see you back on with her.

Rectifying errors/problems make us better modellers so don't worry about them it's all part of the fun.

Chris Cool
On the bench

Martyn Ingram
#36 Posted : 23 January 2018 15:28:50

BigGrin Certainly looks good to me Cool looking forward to seeing your next update Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe