Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Desperately seeking official build diaries for Millennium Falcon Options
DBourque
#1 Posted : 14 February 2018 02:02:35

Groups: Registered

I've been building this beautiful piece of junk for close to two years now, but I've hit a rather ulcer-inducing speedbump.

Thus far I've been making extensive use of the official build diary pages that used to live here: http://forum.buildmillen...ums/forum/model-space/. Things were going just fine until that page up and vanished on me.

You see, I'm an expatriate living in Japan, and my Japanese is really not up to being able to make any sense of the instructions provided in the magazine. Customer service didn't reply to my inquiries about sending me the English-language versions when I subscribed.Crying Without those online diaries, I'm reduced to fumbling my way through on pictures alone. Although I reckon I can get by on it, I'm not at all confident or comfortable doing so with such an expensive model. My attempts to scour this site and the web at large have produced zero.

Did I miss something? Is there a redirect out there I haven't found? I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance!
Tomick
#2 Posted : 14 February 2018 08:18:13

Groups:

It’s not possible to subscribe to an English magazine version of the Falcon in Japan nor can it be requested.

Currently the Official Falcon site is down and is being worked on to resurrect it.

There are numerous member builds in this link which might help you along with your build: http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=topics&f=235

Feel free to post any questions of guidance in this topic and one of the forum support team will help you along your way.

Hopefully the official site will be live again soon.
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 14 February 2018 15:57:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There are also a ton of build diaries on youtube for the Falcon.

Carl

DBourque
#4 Posted : 15 February 2018 01:16:40

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've certainly found plenty of diaries both here and elsewhere. The problem is that I've not found any vanilla builds. They're usually either some crazy custom job that doesn't address my actual ability to build the model (and way beyond my ability besides) or just a look at what the issue contains and what it looks like after. It's frustrating. The official diary was perfect because it was a complement to what the actual magazine describes. Am I the only simpleton out there?

Anyway, I suppose I'll need to keep fumbling along by pictures and praying that the official site rises from the grave.

Cheers!
Shauncnh
#5 Posted : 15 February 2018 08:09:45

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi DBourque, I have found I site with instructions from issue 1-100 hope this help you with your build
Falcon instructions
Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
DBourque
#6 Posted : 18 February 2018 09:15:32

Many thanks to the kind individuals who have posted here and PMed me. I am back in business! Love Looking forward to getting this beast completed!