Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
R2-D2 Sensor Questions Options
Lacutas
#21 Posted : 27 January 2018 23:03:30

Groups: Registered

Thanks for looking into this Tomick, much appreciated. Look forward to hearing what the manufacturer has to say. If it helps, when I test both times, first was in a carpeted corridor (so long and narrow), second was in a tiled kitchen (so relatively open).
semaj
#22 Posted : 27 January 2018 23:09:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
Lacutas wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Lacutas wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Lacutas wrote:
arpurchase wrote:
The official instructions are clear on the response needed for a low power test and with the latest information above on how sensitive the sensors can be to reflections and other factors.

If the sensor reacts as per the instructions it is working fine any other reactions are through the conditions in the place where you are doing the testing.
I'm now going to contact CS for replacements, but tbh I really am not happy with the responses coming from the officials.
The information Mark has provided has come direct from the manufacturer and as they say, after carrying out the tests and checks as described and you feel you still have a fault, then by all means contact c/s for replacement, though no one should request as “just in case” as this depletes stock unnecessarily, which in turn may mean that someone that really needs replacement may have to await stock replenishment.

Hi Tomick,

That's the issue though, I honestly don't know whether I have a fault or not. I just want a yes no answer. My sensor is coming on before 500mm, is it a fault? It shouldn't be up to me to determine whether it is or not.
The instructions guideline is around 500mm

OK, I guess you're unable to say yes or no for some legal reason so you really are giving me no choice but to assume I have a fault and order replacements.
I can’t say yes or no based on the fact that “around 500mm” is all we have to work with as it’s the manufacturer that has provided this info.

I have asked the manufacturer if it’s specific approx 500mm though I suspect the reply will be the possibility of variance depending on surroundings., let’s see what they say and in the meantime chill.

my personal feelings on this, with it saying around 500mm, then i would feel that seeing a reaction anywhere from say 400mm-600mm kind of area would be acceptable, as this is 'around' the 500mm mark to me. thats the way i see it, and my personal understanding of the meaning. i could however be completely wrong.

see what you come back with from the manufacturers tomick. all we want to know is weather 1 meter or further away is still ok, or is this a fault with some of our parts. this is what we are not getting a clear definitive answer for.

i do understand that i personally may need to use a different object to test which i shall try, but that is not the thing that is being asked about.
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
bigliz7
#23 Posted : 03 February 2018 22:26:06

Hi everyone I had problems with my sensors when testing them but was helped by a couple of people called Horlicks and James Leason and without changing the sensor control board I managed to get them to work to the magazine instructions here is a link to my video of how I did it and it working to help people out:

https://youtu.be/z_mJ_eCYPW0

delboy271155
#24 Posted : 04 February 2018 00:00:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

bigliz7 wrote:
Hi everyone I had problems with my sensors when testing them but was helped by a couple of people called Horlicks and James Leason and without changing the sensor control board I managed to get them to work to the magazine instructions here is a link to my video of how I did it and it working to help people out:

Well done. BigGrin BigGrin

Good to see you have it working and a nice video.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#25 Posted : 04 February 2018 09:20:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice video, great to see you’ve worked it out.ThumpUp

Mark
Horlicks2018
#26 Posted : 02 March 2018 19:02:17

bigliz7 wrote:

Hey Thank you bigliz7 i had a lot of communication on this forum and i think i rattled a cage or two with sensor questions unintentionally. So thank you for the shout out. Just proves im a genuine guy. Keep up the great videos.
Horlixs

#CRAFT #BUILD #CREATE

My Youtube
PartworkUpgrades