Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Free Binder ! Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 14 March 2018 11:58:51

Groups:

coldsweat wrote:
Just had my 'send the binder back or pay for it email'

You'd think that for the amount we've paid for this R2 unit they'd cover their own mess up & let people keep them as a gesture of good will.

Personally I've paid for all my binders already, so this would be going in the bin or in the back of a cupboard anyway - but there's a principal at stake here!

I'm sure Tomick is now going to tell me how 'the price of every issue would have to go up if they let us keep them' or something like that (not trying to cause any offence Tomick, as your posts are always helpful), but should we really have to pay for the packaging to send them back & have the inconvenience of travelling to a post office which could be miles for some??
Why not simply return it in one of the monthly boxes or packs you receive?

The request for return is in line with most companies that send items in error that also provide a free return. If you have an issue regarding its return, you need to discuss this with customer services. Your remarks have been passed to DeAgostini.

I had a similar situation recently with BT who sent me a second router in error., a free return address label and note was provided that advised it would be charged if not returned. I might add that there has not been mention of being charged for the binder - see post #2

Your post has been edited of the masked vulgar word. Please refrain from posting such.

DC-Zol.
#22 Posted : 14 March 2018 14:49:11

Groups: Registered

Hi. No problem here returning folder - the email did however go to gmail junk folder.

Maybe a letter in the next pack as a reminder to return would be a good back up as not everybody will check their spam/junk email.

Cheers
PhilC
#23 Posted : 14 March 2018 14:53:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hmm don't have a printer at home , why didn't deagostini just put a returns label in our next delivery , they seem to be able to send out their promotion material when it suits ?
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
Restalla
#24 Posted : 14 March 2018 15:44:14

I think some people have been suggesting (certainly on other sites) that the binders are unsolicited goods, so they have a right to keep them, but as they delivered alongside an order placed by the customers, they are considered sent in error. In this case, de ag can request the binders back.
However, while its reasonable to ask someone that lives or works near a post office to drop the binder there, it's not reasonable to expect someone who lives in a rural village miles from a post office, or maybe has mobility issues, etcg to do the same.
For reasons like that, the only obligation for the customers it to take good care of the unwanted goods and allow de ag to collect them.
So long as the unrequested goods are made available for collection, it would be illegal for companies to charge for them as there is no contractual basis to do so.
That applies for the BT example above as well.
I ordered the binders, so it makes no difference to me, but I have to say, I find it a shame that de ag is trying to justify its position by saying this is in line with other companies. Its a sad reflection on today's society that so many companies nowadays have no understanding of good customer service and consumer regulations and think they can make the rules up as they go along
Tomick
#25 Posted : 14 March 2018 15:50:41

Groups:

DeAgostini comply with all consumer legislation and is misguided to imply otherwise. As noted at Post #2 - customers that haven't opted to receive the binder will not be charged for the binder., neither is there mention of being charged in the email.

As mentioned previously, anyone who has a problem surrounding its return should contact c/s.

Topic locked