Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Jinxed build so far. Options
Czanianin
#1 Posted : 27 March 2018 21:18:47

Groups: Registered

I have been quite unlucky with this build so far. This is not my first build from Model Space, but this tank seems to be jinxed for me.

So far after number of faults (receiver baord, dodgy remote not powering up), I got all parts re-issued, and managed to get the tank to run. I had fun for 2 battery dischareges / charges, until today.

When I connect battery to the tank, and power it up, the left motor straight away runs away (without any input from controler, or even controller pairing up. On top of that, after few seconds I can smell familiar electronic smell. BAsed on brief 'smell investigation' this comes from the main board. I am not entirely sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

I re-checked all cable connections again and again, but as mentioned above it did work for a short while, therefore I doubt anything was incorrectly connected.
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 27 March 2018 21:32:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Czanianin

Sorry to hear about your problem and it sounds like a control box fault, I would contact C/S for a replacement control box.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Czanianin
#3 Posted : 27 March 2018 21:44:57

Thank you.

I kinda suspected that this would be the route, but hoped maybe there was some sort of troubleshooting procedure.

It is quite fun model when it is working though !
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 27 March 2018 21:54:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I agree its a bunch of fun messing about with it hopefully you luck will change with the replacement parts.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .