Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Diorama idea... Options
TRGRichie
#1 Posted : 06 April 2018 14:16:12

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This is a orig B&W image i colourised (info on the picture below) - I think it would make a good diorama?

A Surrendered Schwimmwagen Kfz1 Type 166 (WH 1641890) and a BMW 75 Motor bike & side car with other vehicles of the 278. Infanterie Division (Wehrmacht) at the Brenner Pass, on the Italian - Austrian Border. May 1945.
(The 278 I.Division emblem was a black figure of a Pomeranian Grenadier holding a musket bordered by a shield)
The 278.ID were manning defence fortifications near the Brenner Pass. It surrendered to the 5th and 7th US Armies in May 1945.
It was originally assigned to LXXVI Panzer Corps defending the Gothic Line,and after heavy losses the 278th was formed into a Volksgrenadier Division in early 1945.
It was later transferred to 1.Fallschirmjäger, defending the Brenner Pass where most of the Division was encircled, the remainder later surrendered on the May 2, 1945
TRGRichie attached the following image(s):
dio.jpg
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
Tomick
#2 Posted : 06 April 2018 16:23:55

Groups:

A nice idea in principle, but what I can tell you is that a WWII battle for Stalingrad diorama was developed a number of years ago, which after market research got no further...had tanks and destroyed hardware, building's and figures and ground material's etc and very nice it looked too..
TRGRichie
#3 Posted : 06 April 2018 17:01:15

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
A nice idea in principle, but what I can tell you is that a WWII battle for Stalingrad diorama was developed a number of years ago, which after market research got no further...had tanks and destroyed hardware, building's and figures and ground material's etc and very nice it looked too..

i dont mean as a off the shelf Kit - rather thought it would make a good custom Diorama idea for a dedicated military modeller.

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728